ajk'sReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
So in my travels today I went by Tropical Island in Deer Park. Out of the 3 places that I went today I would have to say this place is one of the cleanest LFS that I have gone to. They have a wide selection on corals fish And other items for your reef tanks. I saw a lot of really grate corals and fish. The one thing that caught my eye was how clean the store and the tanks were. They have a grate sale on some really nice clowns and corals.

He has ORA Platinum Clown fish for $ 59.99
And he has ORA Snowflake Clown fish for $ 39.99

If I'm not mistaking these are some really super prices. We'll I just figured I let everyone who's into these beautiful clown fish he has quite a few. I tried to snap a few shot from the I phone don't think they came out so grate but hear they are and the last picture is what I went home with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I almost picked up that torch the other day.

Mike has an excellent store. I've been going there for the past 4-5 years and it's always clean and full of healthy fish and corals.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
It's on the west side of route 231. If you're traveling south (from the LIE) it's on the right hand side.

Tropical Island Aquarium
2112 Deer Park Ave, Deer Park
(631) 667-0795

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
how do you guys like the staff?

The staff is great. Mikes a very cool guy and you can tell he loves keeping aquariums. His employees are newer but they've been nothing but friendly to me. I don't ask too many questions at LFS's in general, but they seem to know what they're talking about.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I think his store used to be much nicer, it seems he's lost a little bit of love for the store since he's tried selling it. Still a nice store tho, worth stopping by. He's closed Mondays tho.

He also is much more concerned with making sales and up selling, things you may not really need or potentially selling people with livestock they can't properly care for.(but I guess it is the buyers responsibility to research before purchasing )

Last edited:

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I think his store used to be much nicer, it seems he's lost a little bit of love for the store since he's tried selling it. Still a nice store tho, worth stopping by. He's closed Mondays tho.

He also is much more concerned with making sales and up selling, things you may not really need or potentially selling people with livestock they can't properly care for.(but I guess it is the buyers responsibility to research before purchasing )

I haven't seen this too much honestly. He's actually told people that fish would be too big for their tanks, or their tanks weren't ready yet, etc. ...But I don't go when it's too busy and I don't really ask too many questions honestly. If I don't know enough about a fish or coral, I research it on my phone (I do this at every store).

He loves those Acan lights though. Ill give you that. Lol.

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
I have been there before and it is a very nice store. Mike was really nice and all his prices were very fair. My only complaint at all was mike had a crazy accent and I felt like a jerk asking him to repeat himself multiple times because I couldn't understand him.

ajk'sReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Staff

how do you guys like the staff?

My opinion on the staff is that they were a grate help to me and my family. Mike who is the owner is a really grate guy to do business with and I will be going back every chance I get. Joe who is one of the staff guys is good to the other staff member I can't reamber his name but he was a grate help also.

RATEING the store on a 1-10 I would have to say I would have to give them a perfect 10 across the bord.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: