Not open for further replies.
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Never knew they existed, so it's not just the NYC people:shhh:

How big a store?

Homemade fish tank racks or commercial like Steves on Stienway

I'll stop in soon.
LOL

The store is a very commercially structured store, not big like Petco but bigger than my garage store. Let say he has about 15 tanks for SW and may be 30 tanks for the FW. Cleaningness is the first thing I noticed, then the cichlids are eye catching. Too bad I start to hate (while still loving) cichlids. The owner is exceptionally friendly. I think the store may be under another name before as he told me he had it for only like 9 months.

Last edited:

shaunsreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at gcfishreef yesturday and the store looks great! And very cheap corals and fish... Alot of awsome stuff.

divedeeper

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about some idea of the livestock prices?

Any pictures of the store inside, I understand it's very small like a 2 car garage

Last edited:
N

nycoralguy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two stores that are my favorite:

Tropical Island Aquarium- Michael
2112 deer park ave. deer park 11729
(631) 667-0795
This is a new store, I've never seen so many exotic, hard to find corals, prices are VERY reasonable.
A Lot of Fish- became, An Octpopus Garden- Dominique
262 W. Montauk Hwy
Babylon Village, NY 11702
631-321-6862
This is the one of the last guy out there that actually know what he is talking about, he can pin point any problems, I mean ANY problems. Great guy to deal with, great selection of HEALTHY fish.

try these guys out, let me know what you think, tell them that Tommy sent you.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0

Tropical Island Aquarium- Michael
2112 deer park ave. deer park 11729
(631) 667-0795
This is a new store, I've never seen so many exotic, hard to find corals, prices are VERY reasonable.
262 W. Montauk Hwy
631-321-6862
This is the one of the last guy out there that actually know what he is talking about, he can pin point any problems, I mean ANY problems. Great guy to deal with, great selection of HEALTHY fish.

try these guys out, let me know what you think, tell them that Tommy sent you.

Yeah great info too bad no one ever mentioned tropical island is closed on mondays :irked:

seahunt

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tropical Island Aquarium- Michael.

Yes the place is small but nice

262 W. Montauk Hwy
631-321-6862

Tommy this guy is a nut job screams at customers has been in and out biz many times, if you think he knows fish you need to talk to more people.

On a scale of 1-10 I say -2

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Went to Tropical Island Aquarium in Deer Park and GC Reefs in Centereach today. Picked up some Zoa frags at GC Reefs for $6.99 and a buddy picked up some live rock for $5.49 lb. at Tropical Island. Both stores are pretty small but both very clean and great prices compared to all the other east end spots. Check them out if you get a chance.

damien

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
went to gc fish and reef omg this guy as some good stuff dirt ceap he has these frags of zoas 15 to 20 polyps .he has alien eyes watermelon purple hornet and blue armageddon blue abyss blue magicians fire and ice armor of gods divel armor he has some Darth Maul not selling he want it to grow some .some rics just dirt cheap must check him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: