Status
Not open for further replies.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Whatever you do DO NOT ever go to a store in Hicksville on Old Country Road. I was there once and their fish were mostly sick and some tanks were completely covered in flatworms. Absolutely a place to avoid.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
The store in hicksville is called TROPICAL SHOWCASE the same people have owned it for many years. there was a time when it was a good store, but now it should be called trailer park fish.
The place is digusting, i bought a 72 bowfront setup there and when i opened the box the light came in about 15 silverfish came out of it. it was an awful experience. I would not even buy a sealed can of fish food there!!!!!!!:irked:

BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Total Aquarium in Lynbrook is good small store but a good selection of fish , guys there seem to know what there talking about

Mr Hyde

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Aquarium Adventure's prices are so high you would think they purchased them from a LFS and THEN decided to try and resell them to you. As for Pets of New Hyde Park, corals are ok but some of them have aiptasia or other annoying things growing on them.

I used to love going to Pets, and I live 5 minutes from there, but lately every time I go there, the quantity, and quality of fish they get there has been real poor.

If you are out in Suffolk, Aquahut in Coram is excellent.

Acerone

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mr Hyde, I think I remember you from Honda-Acura.net.... That's if your the same Mr Hyde..

Anyways stopped by Aqua Hut the other day... Not a bad place at all but they did have a few dead fish floating around in their aquariums...

Chris

Klewis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I agree its not worth the ride for just Aquarium Design, but if you are on a fish store tour, two more places that are in the immediate area are Selmers pet land, and Pet Stop. These places are hit or miss on there tank stock. The prices are fair and the help is knowledgable. Selmers is about 1/4 mile west of AD and Pet Stop is a few miles West on Jericho tpke next to a pizza place.

Jared hasnt worked there in over a year lol guess you havent been there in a while, he is over in huntington at aquarium disign network not worth the ride in my opinion

ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
selmers is terrible i was there today and the manager helping me had zero idea what he was talking about. i was also looking for aquarium dreams on merrick rd in bellmore, i couldnt find it...is it out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: