Status
Not open for further replies.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I have had very good luck recently with a few fish stores:

Pets of NH Park.. I bought an Acan frag for a good price. It's doing well. Their staff is friendly for the most part. Don't agree with the puppies. (People shouldn't buy the puppies directly either)

Pets Warehouse has friendly staff. Decent selection. (I especially like their frag racks). Prices are decent. Most fish are healthy looking. I've had good luck so far.

On to my two favorite stores in the area:

Tropical Island Aquarium on Rte 231. Excellent store. Good selection (even though it's a small space).. Good prices. Healthy Fish. The help is very friendly.

My favorite store around though, hands down, is Manhattan Aquariums. (Also Unique Corals. (.com). Their selection is incredible. They have jaw dropping colors, rare pieces, and a range of inexpensive (for NYC) to super expensive. There's a number of Huge, amazing looking display tanks. Very healthy fish, (great selection too) and very friendly staff. I'd recommend anyone who's making a stop in NYC to head over and pay them a visit.

damien

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
tropical island aquarium on deer park ave. must go see they have a huge selection on corals need to check it out owners name is mike and managers name is jay.my friend went there last week and bought a huge acan thing was pushing about 9'' and 31/2ins wide nice they have alot of lps sps

Will C

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Tropical Island Aquarium - great store, MR member works there (I'll get back with his name) and is VERY helpful. 2112 Deer Park Ave. A definite on my 'A' list of stores. Nice fish, very clean tanks and some interesting corals at good prices

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Tropical Island Aquarium is a great store! The owner is extremely helpful. Excellent prices on coral and fish. Very healthy livestock. The store is very clean and well organized. Very interesting corals. Love going here, we bought almost $300 in frags from him tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: