Status
Not open for further replies.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
well this thread is to give my personal view on the LFS that i have visited.im just giving opinions and you can take it with a grain of salt.i recently went to aqua hut here is my review
Aqua hut is in my opinion a solid D-
i dont know maybe i visited it on the wrong day of the week because i see posts and people rave about it.all i saw was every one of there fish which was over 100 fish all had bad outbreaks of ich.every fish either showed visual signs or were scratching against the rock and sand.as for corals i saw very few and the ones i did see were not looking to good.saw a big green carpet that was white with a hint of green and was kinda sad.there dry goods are everywhere and is hard to find anything.i dont think i will ever go back unless someone says it has changed.not to mention they dont have a phone.i would rename this store ichqua hut and call it a day.

Nassau

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all i saw was every one of there fish which was over 100 fish all had bad outbreaks of ich.every fish either showed visual signs or were scratching against the rock and sand.

Yep not sure why some talk the place up as much as they do.

Now realize when new fish come in this week they will be exposed to the ick in those tanks, when you see the new fish they will look ok, just a matter of time before the ick will show in your tank.

His philosophy is get em in and out cheap/quick before they break down.

Most are Philippine not Bali

reefprobe

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would be hard pressed to find a store that doesn't have ich in their tanks at the very least. It's our job as hobbyists to QT and treat fish.

I don,t know what stores you shop at but go down to Pets Warehouse on Sunrise Hwy in Copiague and not only do NONE OF THE FISH THERE HAVE ICK!
But they have every tank filled to the rim this week and overflowing with fish this week. Now I heard the complete opposite about Aqua Hut this week from several people I was told every single fish in the place is loaded with ICK. I am going that way this weekend to go see for myself so I will let you guys know.

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I don,t know what stores you shop at but go down to Pets Warehouse on Sunrise Hwy in Copiague and not only do NONE OF THE FISH THERE HAVE ICK!
But they have every tank filled to the rim this week and overflowing with fish this week. Now I heard the complete opposite about Aqua Hut this week from several people I was told every single fish in the place is loaded with ICK. I am going that way this weekend to go see for myself so I will let you guys know.

Honestly I find that hard to believe. I highly doubt he is QT'ng every fish that comes in and treating with either hypo for 4 weeks or copper. I have gotten fish from the selden store that have ich as a matter of fact. Now don't get me wrong I am not trying to put down pets warehouse, they have excellent livestock and they are very knowledgeable.

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Tropical island in deer park is by far the best reef store on the island!

+1 on tropical Island. I have been to pets warehouse, both Copiague and selden. To be honest, I wouldn't take a piece of coral or fish from them if they paid me to take it. I would shut my tanks down first, I think both stores are gross. I am sure I am going to get bashed for saying this, but you cant say Tropical island isnt the place to go and pets warehouse is? Now thats crazy!!!

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
+1 on tropical Island. I have been to pets warehouse, both Copiague and selden. To be honest, I wouldn't take a piece of coral or fish from them if they paid me to take it. I would shut my tanks down first, I think both stores are gross. I am sure I am going to get bashed for saying this, but you cant say Tropical island isnt the place to go and pets warehouse is? Now thats crazy!!!

I agree, I have gotten many corals from Mike at Tropical Island and his tanks are pristine and he always has a ton of ORA stuff.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i really like pets warehouse and tropical island.i have visited some of the other LFS from the beginning of my thread and i will keep those opinions.Mike at tropical island is a great guy so are andy and brad at petswarehouse.im going to check out some more lfs in the next couple of weeks and will post MY opinions on them

AussieCrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Why is everyone arguing? Duke had his opinion on stores and we all got our owns no one is starting trouble here just opinion wow this is nuts. I see that people from pets warehouse work here again were just stating our opinions that's all.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i really like pets warehouse and tropical island.i have visited some of the other LFS from the beginning of my thread and i will keep those opinions.Mike at tropical island is a great guy so are andy and brad at petswarehouse.im going to check out some more lfs in the next couple of weeks and will post MY opinions on them

awesome. what places are you going to check out? ever been to ocean gallery? brian there is a nice guy. really nice place...

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
http://www.oceangalleryii.com/

the owner brian, his name on here is reefer, he is real nice. their tanks are amazing their. lots of nice frags and great product selection. fish are always healthy and there display tank and new zero edge tank is awesome! plus they have a whole koi, reptile and bird section as well... but its mainly salt... highly reccomend checking it out. my buddies are going there tomorrow. trust me you will like them alot. nice size store. and when they have their red tag specials, its like a holiday...

Last edited:

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm not sure what happened to the selden store, when they first opened they had a lot of nice pieces, I bought a bunch from them that are still in my tank today, then they had some sort of problem with the light over the frag tank and after that every time I have went in they had very little coral in stock.

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went to Aquarium Design Networks yesterday to pick up another MP40 and they have a new zero edge frag tank. Very nice frags. I am going to be passing by there again prob Monday to get a bag of live sand and I will take a pic of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: