Status
Not open for further replies.

Reef Greek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry
Tropical Island isn't worth the gas to travel there let alone a speeding ticket unless you're into overpriced common fish and corals. Also the owner usually has a bad attitude if you can even find him around. About the only things there worth the trip are freshwater plants and some African cichlids.

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
^ tropical island aquariums or tropical showcase. cause i know you don't mean tropical island. mike is definitely awesome. he has helped me and wife (yep she is in the hobby lol) with this hobby for about 2 years now. acans, sps, and LEDs ... store is clean real clean.

GurpM

I am Drink
Rating - 96.4%
53   2   0
Tropical island is a super clean store and prices are at the right amount for a store like his. G C is god for frags, corals and some fish.
^ tropical island aquariums or tropical showcase. cause i know you don't mean tropical island. mike is definitely awesome. he has helped me and wife (yep she is in the hobby lol) with this hobby for about 2 years now. acans, sps, and LEDs ... store is clean real clean.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
^ tropical island aquariums or tropical showcase. Cause i know you don't mean tropical island. Mike is definitely awesome. He has helped me and wife (yep she is in the hobby lol) with this hobby for about 2 years now. Acans, sps, and leds ... Store is clean real clean.

+1!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You fellows are talking about 3 different stores here..

1- Tropical Island - is in Deer Park on Rt 231 - west side of road in strip mall - closer to the LIE than the Souther State. Owner is Mike. Sells SW & FW, highly respected around here.

2- Tropical Showcase - is in Hicksville on Old Country Rd between Rt135 & the Wantagh Parkway. North side of the road in a small shopping center. Sells FW & SW . Has an extensive amount of parts/bulbs/filters/food in there.

3- Octopus Garden/A Lot of Fish - not even sure of the name here anymore. This store is on Montauk Highway at the very end of Rt231., next to a Sherwin Williams store and set back FAR from the street, very easy to miss. South side of Montauk Hwy. I'd guess Babylon technically. It is the place most describe as looking like a garage sale inside. I do have to say that the fellow in there - Domenic - is incredibley knowledgable about fish. Carries FW & SW

Hope that helps :)

dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you're up for a trip into Nassau County, Total Aquariums is a great store. The new store manager is even a member on this site and loves what he does. The owner (Martin) used to work at Ed's Aquarium on Sunrise Highway if anyone remembers that store. I loved it as a kid.

Total Aquariums info:

1706 S Rockaway Ave
Lynbrook, NY 11563-3934
(516) 887-5048

I used to work at Total years ago, recently went back when I was visiting family on Long Island and the store looks awesome, re-done. A lot of cool corals, including stuff like Acan frags (a bit pricey) but very cool. They even had stuff like Halloween Hermits which can be hard to find at a LFS. They're very good at ordering livestock for you too and specialize in maintenance. Small store with a lot of reef, salt and freshwater stuff.

Livelife

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suffolk County Fish and Reef has a new owner and revamped the store its pretty sweet, new coral selection alot of acro's and chalices, Got a blue ice acro for $30 bucks for two stalks worth, alot of fish for the size of the store, got a bar goby for 15 bucks that looks awosme in my reef tank, worth the trip if ur heading from aqua hut and tropical island its right on the way.

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
Livelife said:
Suffolk County Fish and Reef has a new owner and revamped the store its pretty sweet, new coral selection alot of acro's and chalices, Got a blue ice acro for $30 bucks for two stalks worth, alot of fish for the size of the store, got a bar goby for 15 bucks that looks awosme in my reef tank, worth the trip if ur heading from aqua hut and tropical island its right on the way.

Does anyone have a phone number or address for this place,, suffolk county fish @reef ,, thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Livelife

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some prices were high like the hippos but most were alot lower and there coral was priced really good Tom was willing to frag some stuff up for me while i was there which was cool. The number is 631-467-3474.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: