Status
Not open for further replies.

divedeeper

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went there this morning just for S&G.

Someone from PW said the auction was cancelled and they bought all the assets, just taking care of the livestock, refused to sell anything or let anyone past the front door. :bagfish:

He said they will reopen or close by with down to earth prices.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Just saw a sign in the window confirming pets warehouse will be opening soon.

I predicted this months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

I had talked to the owner of pets warehouse a while ago and they had debated a descent time ago opening a location across glen cove road from then in where ciao baby is to be competition, but had decided against it. But had said if AA ever went under theyd probably be interested in putting a store there, just wasnt up for doing battle.

reefprobe

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its a shame that all those guys are gonna loose their jobs. That guy Pete was really good he always helped us out and seemed liked he steered everyone in the right direction. He cared about the people more than the biz..........Hope everyone finds work...

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
They may not lose their jobs. The new owners might actually hire some of them back. As a matter of fact sending a letter to the management of the new corporation with the names of people who used to work at this store and telling them that these employees are what kept you going to that store and spending your hard earned money there sometimes works.

Nassau

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty amazing Petswarehouse must really be doing well, they must be pretty liquid to pull this deal off stopping the auction.

They just did an extensive remodel in their Lindenhurst store, opened a new store in Selden just too far east for me, I usually go to sunrise hwy.

The prices at AA were 2-3 times what they should have been, there was 2 or 3 guys there that knew a little but they ignored you if you were just browsing around.

The only time I bought anything was when they had a sale, refused to pay to join a club.

Ran into the owner and his son a few times they were clueless.

Now if Pets price stuff with their normal prices at Carl Pl will do very well I'm sure. It will be the only large scale place around.

tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Pretty amazing Petswarehouse must really be doing well, they must be pretty liquid to pull this deal off stopping the auction.

They just did an extensive remodel in their Lindenhurst store, opened a new store in Selden just too far east for me, I usually go to sunrise hwy.

The prices at AA were 2-3 times what they should have been, there was 2 or 3 guys there that knew a little but they ignored you if you were just browsing around.

The only time I bought anything was when they had a sale, refused to pay to join a club.

Ran into the owner and his son a few times they were clueless.

Now if Pets price stuff with their normal prices at Carl Pl will do very well I'm sure. It will be the only large scale place around.

Lindenhurst store? you sure it isn't Copiague. What do you classify as extensive remodel? it looks like a junk yard/garage sale structure. there is no layout or flow in the store. what they really need to do is fix there fish department. the tanks in the back look abandoned. Talk about pricing. I took my cousin there to buy some deco fish plants for his freshwater tank, a large piece rang up at $4.50 and than a small one rang up for $35.50. Cashier could of cared less to correct it or see if that was a mistake. So far as pricing being 2-3x less than AA, I beg to defer. On a side note, were do you come from, not posting for 1 year shilling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: