Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm sorry if this violates rules but thought I'd just put this one out here just in case.

I was browsing another forum and some guy is having an emergency. Now I won't usually do this but having a 210 crack in the middle of the night with most of the water drained can never be good. I asked him if he posted it here and looking at threads I don't believe he has. I guess he's too busy trying to salvage what was once his reef. If I'm not allowed to post this please delete. This was his post:

"210 gallon tank cracked in the night, water drained almost fully, every aquarium owners nightmare my friends...

Anyway, we're salvaging everything we can, into rubbermaid bins and making new saltwater to support the rest of it (as much as we can). We don't have the room to save everything, please if you're free today and want to check out what we have, it will be like a reef garage sale and prices will be very fair and depending on what it is, potentially free, as we really want to help save what we can and hope other aquarium enthusiasts can help out in saving some things.

If interested in helping out please call: (516)-628-1062 and ask for Tom regarding the fish tank. Thanks. Hope none of you ever have to go through this.

We're located in Nassau County of Long Island, New York on the North Shore. Call for more details."

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
i hope someone get the goodies before they die damn there is alot break downs and tanks mis haps since the year started salty is nice of u to try to help the guy out

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I moved this to the Long Island forum. Since it is someone who needs help we can let things slide on prices etc for a few days. Keep us updated if you can and if you go by there and want to take pics and some sort of inventory to post please feel free to do so.

Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I called him and offered my empty 75G tank that I was going to make into a sump. He appreciated the offer but he said he sort of has things under control.

He woke up at 7am and went into his basement to feed the tank and found it cracked on the bottom right and about 8 inches of water left in it! He has everything that he was able to salvage in big brute cans and in his sump. He said someone is supposed to go by and buy his live rock bc he cant store that for long and alot of them has/had corals embedded on them.

He needs to regroup but I told him he should post on here since there are lots of LI Reefers. He is unsure if he is going to set another one up, poor guy has been doing this 16 years. Anyone on LI should call him and see what he needs to sell, I cant take anything in my 29G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: