CoRalAdDiCt

Zooooooooooo's
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks for the responses, but my real question is under my lighting... vho 50/50, t8 blue, vho 50/50, and my positioning (10-14 inches below lights) would that be considered medium light because im not using mh or is it best to play it safe and move it down like everyone is saying. and where the chalice is positioned its at the top of my live rock but in the middle of the tank (as far as lights are concerned) where the t8 are directly over head. So I understand that they do better under lower levels of light but Im trying to gauge what people would consider the lighting intensity of my tank because my lights aren't the strongest...

Thanks, and sorry for all the Q's but your responses are much appreciated!!!

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The light will still vary tank to tank...."medium light" is something hard to pinpoint. There are people who do sps under pcs even though those are considered weak lights. It's all what you think the intensity is. It will be much easier to give it more light by moving it up than bleaching it with to much light. I used to run vhos and you can def bleach stuff with them.

What intensity of lighting was it under before you bought it?

.....the fruit loops are going nuts the yjs and sm got some zoa pox awhile back and are still recovering.

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
I agree with knute24, there are too many variables but you have use your best judgement when it comes to deciding high/med/low light areas in your system.

Generally high light would be the top half of your tank, med would be the middle areas of your tank and low light would be on the bottom or shaded areas

CoRalAdDiCt

Zooooooooooo's
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
.....the fruit loops are going nuts the yjs and sm got some zoa pox awhile back and are still recovering.[/QUOTE]

How did you deal with zoa pox? and did it go away?
I saw the fruit loops at like 5p, how many are there now?

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
.....the fruit loops are going nuts the yjs and sm got some zoa pox awhile back and are still recovering.

How did you deal with zoa pox? and did it go away?
I saw the fruit loops at like 5p, how many are there now?[/QUOTE]

Furan 2 for the pox. they just barely open now so we'll see if they are ok....

i'm up to 10-12 i think. when they spread onto another plug i'll let you know.

CoRalAdDiCt

Zooooooooooo's
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Sounds good! My zoa look like they have a few more white pox showing up so im going to do what I did last time... carefully cut them away and soak in fresh water for a couple min. Didn't solve the problem but the pox aren't as bad as there were the first time, I'm only doing this till I find some other info on how to do it or order Coral rx. lol
but the pox doesn't seem to bother the zoa because they are open and multiplying, but I am trying to get rid of them!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: