thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I know that this may be a stupid question, but not sure how an acan will grow properly. I have a bunch of heads of an acan that are on a frag plug. The frag basically it looks like a tennis ball so there is nowhere for it to grow any further. Will the head split and push basically off the plug??? I know they grow their own skeleton, it just does not look like there is anywhere for them to go..

Thanks!

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Yeah they will grow out on their own witch takes long time. they will grow faster if they have a base to grow on epoxy works great for that just don't get to close to the heads when u do it

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I was curious about the same thing. I've had a 3 head frag on a small piece of rock. Recently I've noticed that my 3 heads are now 10 heads. All the little new ones are growing into the crushed coral substrate. I find myself constantly messing with it to find the best position. I guess they will eventually turn and start growing across the bed right?

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I was curious about the same thing. I've had a 3 head frag on a small piece of rock. Recently I've noticed that my 3 heads are now 10 heads. All the little new ones are growing into the crushed coral substrate. I find myself constantly messing with it to find the best position. I guess they will eventually turn and start growing across the bed right?

That would have answered it for me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: