Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Reefer Ratings: (100 (100%)
Friends: (140)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman1069 View Post
@Awi- Your dendros only come out when lights are off because they are nocturnal in nature. They have to be trained to open during the daylight. HTH

Started another thread titled "fishman "Dendros" as not to side track this thread. It can be found here:
https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...n-dendros.html
Old 03-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Reefer Ratings: (6 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Hi guys, sorry it took me a while to respond. Phosphates are around .1 ppm, nitrates are 0, alk is 9, calc is 420, pH is 8.1. Basically, water parameters are not the issue. My LEDs are pretty bright (avg 350 par in the center of my tank) so I moved them to the back corner which gets around 150 par and low flow, but still no improvement. The color is still bright, no receding and the polyps open up, the only issue is the "skirts" don't extend. I'm leaving them there for a week or so and then moving them under the ledge to see how they react to almost no light. I've been target feeding them 2-3x per week with cyclopeez/phytomax, but doesn't seem to help.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:17 PM
simple reefer
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
hi i have a duncan in my 3 gal pico and it seems to be doing very well.my lighting is not very strong and i use a penguin 100 bio wheel filter with some chemi-pure elite.sometimes it takes time for new occupants to become acclimated to your system.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (3)
Send a Private Message
i have my duncans 8 inches under a 250 mh and they are fine... i dont think lighting is an issue. The more lighting i give them the more polyp extension i get.. i also have a well stocked system with high nitrates and they arent bothered.. Hope this helps
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Reefer Ratings: (6 (100%)
Send a Private Message
still no improvement after a week, so I moved them under the rock ledge. Pics under actinic
Attached Thumbnails

Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Reefer Ratings: (25 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Maybe you can try feeding it PE mysis instead of Cyclopeez? I usually can get a feeding response from my duncans when I wave a cube over them. If it doesn't work though after a couple attempts, I wouldn't be persistent.

Mine are directly 2 feet below a 150W MH so maybe they'll also appreciate a little less light too although they still need a gentle steady flow. Hopefully they'll come out soon...they don't look fully out but at least some of them are out.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
wow

beautiful