Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Today I saw a "war paint" scoly for sale for $70, it was about 3"-4". I thought it was a good price and the animal looked healthy, but it was all brown. The tank was under halides and actinic. Is it a good price? Why is it all brown? Do you think it would color up under led? I know I could have asked the guy working there, but he wasn't very knowledgeable, i think its the owner son.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
under halides... it may have burnt the flesh... ie.. sun tan. It will change color provided it is removed and in less intense lighting. this is not to say that it won't brown out again under leds either.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I doubt it was a war paint scoly maybe it was just mislabelled war paint scolys are usually purple w/ red/orange in them either that or like skene said it could have been burnt or something but if it was under actinics and halides it should have been very colorful.

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I doubt it was a war paint scoly maybe it was just mislabelled war paint scolys are usually purple w/ red/orange in them either that or like skene said it could have been burnt or something but if it was under actinics and halides it should have been very colorful.
Right that was my understanding, meaning warpaint should be very colorful..i tried to do a google search, but i couldn't find an all brown scoly, if it were very colorful i might have just bought it, but all brown it looked ugly..lol.

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
they turn completly white when the are stressed out--high lighting--one of mine turned all white when i placed him under my leds.. it started finally to get it color back but it lost it all again this week!? this one scoly is so sensitive!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: