MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
What could be causing this? is there anything I can do? any help appreciated.
IMG_0240.jpg

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Is there brown jelly around it like kid ninja had mentioned? Or was it just whitish spit looking slime? If it's brown it's very bad news I lost a few wellsos to that and a few nice acan colonies 1 of which was huge. It's possible it could be something attacked it a fish or a invert like hermits. Red leg hermits are infamous for eating fleshy corals like that blue legs and shrimp can as well. What is currently in your tank?

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Is there brown jelly around it like kid ninja had mentioned? Or was it just whitish spit looking slime? If it's brown it's very bad news I lost a few wellsos to that and a few nice acan colonies 1 of which was huge. It's possible it could be something attacked it a fish or a invert like hermits. Red leg hermits are infamous for eating fleshy corals like that blue legs and shrimp can as well. What is currently in your tank?

A little brown but mostly white.
Only hat 2 emerald crabs but I never seen them ever get off the rocks?
My rass does seem to like the brain and even steals food when I target feed.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
wrasse could have nipped it and it could have gotten a bacterial infection..that flesh is very delicate. If it gets worse look into a coral dip like revive but only do a short dip maybe 20-30 seconds I wouldn't do it longer. Best of luck man keep us posted

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
wrasse could have nipped it and it could have gotten a bacterial infection..that flesh is very delicate. If it gets worse look into a coral dip like revive but only do a short dip maybe 20-30 seconds I wouldn't do it longer. Best of luck man keep us posted
Thanks I have revive that's what I dipped it in before going into the tank a week ago. I'll have to check it again and maybe do that when I get home from work today.

Thanks

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
If it is happening on its own then there isn't much hope for recovery. It will just slowly get worse till it is all gone. Maybe move it to a lower flow area. If something is nipping it and you can't tell what, then maybe put some netting over it to protect it for a while.
Try wetwebmedia.com and see if they have any advice for this.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: