Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
I've been experimenting with target feeding... I have a reef tank and in the same house there's another reef tank ... We've been doing te same thing to both tanks, that is same dosing schedules same feeding schedules same light times etc. only difference is target feeding. We only do that to one tank, and that tank is non stop growth, everything from frogspawn to open brain to sun coral, but especially the acans, they exploded! So this is going to be the end of this experiment, and now the only difference In tanks will be vodka dosing ... .25" growth in two weeks for one Monti cap, and the growth of my green monti cap didn't grow around, but bulked up(got thicker whereas the purple grow outward) thanks for all the advise everyone!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Send a Private Message
well duncans have acclimated fully, and are now fully opening! photo to follow soon!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Send a Private Message
There are the Duncan's , they were just fed and re-extending but there Doug good, and also a shot of the acan frag I mentioned. Who knows a place close to Staten Island where I can get ultra color acans?
Attached Thumbnails

Old 12-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Send a Private Message
Fully opened finally!!! And while we're all here can someone identify these zoas?
Attached Thumbnails

Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Reefer Ratings: (14 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
those are nice corals
Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Send a Private Message
Thanks