Ribcribdan

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Have a mostly sps tank some lps . Tank has been established for 4 years, have problems every time I add chalices to my tank, they all start to recede and slowly show there skeleton. Nitrates .05 kh 9-10 cal 475 pos 0 why is this happening. All sps grow great and so do all other lps. Lights ai sol blue run at 40percent.

Thanks for the help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small chalice frags can be tricky. I've had that same problem if the frag isnt "aged" enough before you move it in. Try to buy frags that have been growing for awhile instead of fresh cut .

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
were u have it place in the tank and is it next to another chalice i place mines at the bottom of the tank and some chalices dont get a along i learn that the hard way i had one chalices killed two that was next to it am running mh so i cant give u light advice on ur led

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
cut the white edges off...Move em to a different location... and if possible put it on a small rock instead of directly on the sand bed, perhaps its getting irritated by bristle worms or something , its worth a try..

kingator

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
chalice do like alil higher mag 1450 - 1475 is ideal if you get into the 1300's you might notice "SOME" chalices will recede a bit .....hope that can help out alil

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: