miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got this green welso 3 weeks ago from lfs . I have other lps, sps etc doing well. Even a welso(orange open brain ) that's doing great.
Here is that healthy welso :
3esene3e.jpg

I placed under a overhang where there is low light and low flow. Here is pic.
Now the right side is just white skeleton. :(even placed a plastic case over it to protect from hermits etc from irritating it. I believe the dead side is attracting these scavengers. The plastic box has holesfor light and I feed through the hole. when I feed the feeders don't come out .

What else can I do to save it ..??.. pls advice. Here is pic.
geqapuhe.jpg
thanks

Last edited:

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
sounds like your doing what you can to save it, feeding it being a good start to recovery. It is highly stressed so you need to keep it in place for a while and not touch or move it.

did you light acclimate this piece from the start? a lot of these species are found at deep depths of 100ft so light acclimation is key with them

Last edited:

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I doubt it can be saved. Once the skeleton is visable I have not been able to save them. Twice I gave it to thers who thought they could and same sad results. When you buy you have to be careful that there are no breaks in the flesh. But it has happened to me even after having them over a year. Since I was never successful to heal them it is hard to give advice. But my feeling is that low flow and low light is the best choice to heal.

miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I put him completely out of direct led lights under a cave. Plus lfs had it under led. ...

I did dip in revive for 10 min b4 adding to dt..... maybe that did it?

I see pieces of frozen food stuck in this fluorescent flesh so I'm guessing he eats a bit.... though I don't see him envelop or pull food to mouth.

Lets see. I'm gonna feed every other day since he aint eating and open the plastic cover to let left over food drift away.

Only now I realize closed brain are easy than open brain.

I'm assuming no point in cutting the dead section right? Lol
Thx!

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I feed mine only once a week. From what I have read twice a week is the ideal. They are easy to care for but they are delicate so that when something goes wrong they rarely recover. I have mine under LED as well. My clown goby usually perches in the folds. It is about 3 inches at night when it closes and is over 6 inches in the light.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: