Rating - 100%
227   0   0
hi MR,

my 5" chalice has slowly melting this week. i've dipped in iodine & coral rx. what else can i do to save it? all my other lps are doing great. it was in its own space - nothing within 3 in. tested all params were normal.

thanks!

Attachments

• photo (55).JPG
    photo (55).JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 230
M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Chalices are for experts only! Don't bother unless you have years and years of knowledge about chalices.

QueensRob

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Just break off all the dead area with your hand or most ppl use bone cutters or scisors. At this point all you can do is break it off and hope for the best. I am no expert but never lost a chalice. I have had some drop between rocks for weeks and took them out and I still have them.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Lol had 2 dozen chalices all looked like yours after a month. Sell that thing save the$$ and a headache

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Plz stop a beginner might read this and thin your serious. Avoid chalices at all cost! Unless u like throwing $ away

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I have 25 killer chalices currently and they can be funny one a my favorite corals by far frag it and hope for the best give a piece to someone and hope for the best I have lost some chalices just for doing a water change so don't feel bad if u r par are in range and this guy crap out on u that how they are

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
It looks to me like something is eating the chalice. It is also possible that the chalice has brown slime or rtn/stn. You may want to determine what the problem is before you hack it up. Cutting away the diseased area is a last ditch effort IMO.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: