mtxguy8

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hello everyone i just got this coral from a guy that was leaving the hobby. he doesnt remember the name of it ,but he thinks this is a lobophyllia coral he is not sure. if anybody can please confirm me if this is a lobophillia brain coral or not? another thing look inside the big head and you can see how it is deteriorating inside. is this normal or is it under stress this coral or is it just dying? thanks in advance

Attachments

• WP_20141203_002.jpg
    WP_20141203_002.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 294

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I would put it in a low light and low flow spot. It needs to heal and low light/flow is better.

Try feeding it something, preferably some small pellet or something that wont float away and isnt big.

mtxguy8

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
ok, thank you all guys 3 days has passed and this coral is doing very good in recovering i can see the difference. i been target feeding and eating good at night/ also inflates very big and after light are off fro awhile now i can see the tentacles out. will post pictures after a week or so

mtxguy8

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey guys i just wanted to post this picture of the Lobophyllia a week later after a opened this thread look at the lobo now is doing very good and is thriving very good. look at the first picture when i posted and the now picture

Attachments

• WP_20141211_001.jpg
    WP_20141211_001.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 145

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: