Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2018, 11:14 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message My Facebook View mikejrice's Twitter Profile
Coral Spotlight | Fox Coral

Common names: Fox coral, jasmine coral, ridge coral

Difficulty level: Fox coral should be classified as a medium difficulty LPS coral with care requirements very similar to those in the euphyllia family. Stable alkalinity will be most important when keeping nemenzophyllia.

Feeding: I’ve not personally witnessed a fox feeding, but large polyps with obvious mouths would suggest that larger meat based foods may be accepted including pellets or frozen.

Lighting: Fox coral thrives under medium lighting conditions in the same range as euphyllia or candy cane corals.

Waterflow: Lower to medium flow is best to keep large fleshy polyps from being damaged either against rocks or skeleton.

Placement: Fox coral is a relatively peaceful LPS coral, so take care to give it space from stinging neighbors.

General: Fox coral is an uncommon coral, but that doesn’t make it a rare one. If you’re on the hunt for one, try asking around at your LFS. They can most often order one in short order

https://captivecoral.net/portfolio/fox-coral/

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk