dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was away from my tank for only a week. When I got back, half the heads of my Candy Colony are skeletons. Another looks as if its skin is peeling off.

Any ideas why this happened?
All other corals are fine.

Thanks

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
candycanes are generally well forgiven, can you give more info on your water peremeter, any fish in there?, is it a newly introduce coral?

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I once took a colony from someone where the heads were dying. What I found was that there was a tiny crab that would eat into the head. I discovered it by looking very close and saw a tiny claw sticking out of the mouth. I pulled it out with a tweasers. Eventually I got them all but by then the head of 35 was down to 3 or 4 heads.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
the first thing that intriges me is the fact that you have 0 across the board... almost never see that.. double check with another test kit.. second how is the water flow near it..if its too high it can force the skin right off the heads and cause it to die.. next i would be looing closly at night to see it anything (parasites includes) arent eating away at it..

Ryanr1212

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 71.4%
5   2   0
it might have fallen on something... i mean even if one polyp starts to die for some odd reasong (some fish bumps into it, anything could happen) then the rest will start to die off unless it is fragged.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: