Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Reefer Ratings: (84 (98%)
Friends: (19)
Send a Private Message
My acans always lose their initial coloring, and tend to become red primarily, or orange...despite originally having amazing multi-coloring.
Plus, my hippo picks at them

Some prefer very strong lighting, I have an orange that becomes brighter when it is near top of tank.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Dre
Reefer Ratings: (95 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by seldin View Post
Funny you mentioned acans and blastos. I just both frags of both from the MR swap. Right off the bat, I can see blastos are more delicate. I raised it to the middle of the tank, and I can see it did not like the flow.

Dropped it down, and it seems to like it.

PS. Got two new scolys recently, so I guess I hit it all mentioned on this thread...lol.

Good luck.
You should have asked i would have told you .The ones i gave you don't like too much light and flow.I hope they are doing better now because i don't have any more of that one.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Reefer Ratings: (36 (100%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
dre,

One thing about reef farming, is that it is not an exact science. I learned observation is important. I saw that too much flow made the red rim flap within yours, so I then realized about the flow.

Your frag is very pretty, I hope I can keep it going. So far so good.

Thank you,

larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net
Old 04-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Dre
Reefer Ratings: (95 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by seldin View Post
dre,

One thing about reef farming, is that it is not an exact science. I learned observation is important. I saw that too much flow made the red rim flap within yours, so I then realized about the flow.

Your frag is very pretty, I hope I can keep it going. So far so good.

Thank you,
Same here good luck buddy.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Vendor: WingoLED
Reefer Ratings: (119 (99%)
Friends: (56)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie07 View Post
My acans always lose their initial coloring, and tend to become red primarily, or orange...despite originally having amazing multi-coloring.
Plus, my hippo picks at them

Some prefer very strong lighting, I have an orange that becomes brighter when it is near top of tank.
For those that become red, lower the light intensity if you are using MH.
I have no data on their morphing under T5 though.

A Presentation of Tank Bred Designer Clownfish and other Live Stock

WingoLED.com..... Email WingoAgency@yahoo.com ........... SMS/Text: 347 878 3092