ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi MR. I haven't posted in a while, but I am setting up a 3 gallon pico reef in my apartment. I got the JBJ pico such as this one http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+15493&pcatid=15493 and I got the drsfostersmith hang on back filter that is rated for tanks up to 35 gallons which is this http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3579+16729&pcatid=16729 . There are two hang on back filters - the stock one and the other rated for 35 gallons which is about 4 times its size. They are filled with the typical cartridges and both have carbon and the sponge and filter floss type stuff. Hopefully that is enough water movement and filtration with LR. Tomorrow I am getting about 6-7 lbs of live rock and live sand, plus a five gallon bucket of established water all from the same tank, so hopefully there won't be a huge amount of time needed for a cycle. The lamp is 9 watts. My plan is to just fill the tank with two or three really fast growing softies that would thrive under the 9w lamp like xenias, clove polyps, and maybe zoas and mushrooms or something. Im just a little bit unsure about my fish stocking. I want 3 really small fish that are ridiculously small. I was thinking a green clown goby and a neon goby and one other thing. Would a clown goby and neon goby get along? It is an open top tank too so I don't want either to jump. I know a lot of gobies jump but from what I know and have kept a clown or neon won't be as prone to jump as a sleeper goby or jawfish or wrasse or something. I was thinking maybe a really small cardinal, like longspine or maybe a PJ as the third fish? I am getting 6-7 lbs of rock for a 3 gallon tank so I feel like there will be alot of hiding spots for really small fish, plus the coral cover when it gets filled with fast growing softies.

Sorry for the rant but I am excited to get this going it should look sweet. Here are pics of the waterless setup. I will update when I get rocks, sand, and water. Please give input if you have any ideas. The bottom pics are of my 12 gallon nano that I did last year that had 3 4-headed frogspawn/hammers and a white BTA anemone. The bottom pic is of the sargassum angler that I had before the reef doing a split for the camera.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 287

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: