ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was under the impression that since the torch and frogspawn were in the same family it wouldn't matter if they were close or not. Well, I just turned on my lights and my frogspawn and torch were stinging each other. I separated them and moved the frogspawn further away.

Here are some pictures. What can I do to help besides time and letting them heal on their own?

Torch2-1.jpg

Frogspawn1.jpg

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
The torch and frogspawn are both from the Euphyllia family, but the torch is more aggressive than the frog. (as you have experienced)

Other than moving them, you just have to keep the water quality up there.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Keep an eye on the damaged areas and if you start to see brown jelly show up you can use either an iodine dip with Lugol's or hydrogen peroxide to clean out the wounds. Be sure to flush the entire wound thoroughly outside the tank in a container. I personally like hydrogen peroxide in short dips with rests in the tank in between and put the corals back in a good flow area.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I have the same war scenario going on in my tank and the torch seem to be winning.I'll share some pics later.
ssc_0967.jpg

ssc_0969.jpg

ssc_0973.jpg

Last edited:

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The torch and frogspawn are both from the Euphyllia family, but the torch is more aggressive than the frog. (as you have experienced)

Other than moving them, you just have to keep the water quality up there.

Thanks

Keep an eye on the damaged areas and if you start to see brown jelly show up you can use either an iodine dip with Lugol's or hydrogen peroxide to clean out the wounds. Be sure to flush the entire wound thoroughly outside the tank in a container. I personally like hydrogen peroxide in short dips with rests in the tank in between and put the corals back in a good flow area.

Well, I can't take the torch out of the tank. It has overgrown it's frag plug and now is attached to the rock =( But the FS is able to be taken out.

Bad torch!!! Just keep them apart! The sting does not look too bad and they should heal themselves. Keep your fingers crossed!

LOL. Thanks, I hope it will heal on it's own ok.

I have the same war scenario going on in my tank and the torch seem to be winning.I'll share some pics later.

I would like to see some pictures

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Darn I miss my LPS... But anyway, Torches you want to keep away as mentioned above.

Hammers and frogspawn should be fine. You also want to make sure there isn't too much flow in the area for the frogspawn so it can recover.

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn I miss my LPS... But anyway, Torches you want to keep away as mentioned above.

Hammers and frogspawn should be fine. You also want to make sure there isn't too much flow in the area for the frogspawn so it can recover.

I have them both in the one spot of my tank that is low/mod flow. I pretty much have stronger flow everywhere else in my tank.

my froggy and torch aways touch ive had them like that for years never a problem for me

See, I have seen many FS and torches touching. I guess mine just don't like each other. They have been this close pretty much since I got them like 6 months ago. Oh well

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand the torch's sweepers can reach up to 8in. Yours don't look to be stung too badly though, so hopefully they'll recover quickly :)

thanks! I knew their sweepers could get long, but I didn't know it could get that long. My FS is completely healed and the torch looks 100x better. Half of one head is still kinda retracted but it doesn't look nasty like it did. I will post an updated pic later =)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: