Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Reefer Ratings: (10 (100%)
Friends: (14)
Send a Private Message
just tagging along
Old 09-15-2010, 06:12 AM
Reefer Ratings: (22 (100%)
Friends: (46)
Send a Private Message My Facebook View jdnumis's Twitter Profile
Thank you all for the info, I will get those kits ASAP. Another fellow reefer is nursing the Acan for me. Thank you FunkMaster.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiguy View Post
My Acan has been like this for almost a month(well it looks a little less pink). Can anyone tell me how to nurse this back. When I got it, it was very healthy and open. Has been like this for a while.
My first guess is that the Alkalinity is too high as others have suggested. You should make sure that it is about dKh 8 and that your magnesium level is 1200-1500. If a partial water change and ensuring correct water parameters do not solve the problem, your coral may be getting picked at by the Flame Angel. I have a Flame Angel in my BioCube 29 and he sometimes becomes fixated on munching away at the LPS (such as favia and acan colonies). Repositioning the pieces seemed to stop this behavior (along with ensuring that the angel has plenty of other grazing opportunities on rocks)
Old 10-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Reefer Ratings: (84 (98%)
Friends: (19)
Send a Private Message
Flame angel or blenny( I know this seems crazy, but I have seen something similar before)