meph

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Has anyone ever frag a wall hammer coral? I did a search and couldnt find anything on walls... but lots of info on branching hammers. TIA

oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I've actually have done this on a indo wall hammer about 8 inches across...

The thing is, it's doable but very high chance of the part that you cut being infected.

Once it gets infected it will slowly start to die off.

Will have to be a really clean cut.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
thats how a lot of suppliers get wall hammers and elegances, just take a dremmel and cut where you want it to be cut off. just avoid the mouths and put in a low flow area for a few days after fragging. ive seen hammers, scolys, plates and more cut this way

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Easy to do. I've done it many times.

Before you do any cutting, take a rubber band and put it around the wall hammer in the same direction you plan to frag it. Leave the rubber band in place for a couple of weeks. The polyps will recede on that part of the hammer. After all the polyps start extending to their former 'glory' you can take the hammer out of the tank, remove the rubber band and run the wall through a band saw (like the Inland Band Saw) or a Dremel.

They are absolutely fraggable. They just need to be done properly.

Russ

Rating - 100%
298   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: