cono

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Hey just installed 3 fathom leds on my 180 and WOW can't believe my eyes the color and the shimmering effect on it is out of this world I would never go back to MH ever
Since I seen them on Richie's tank I just had to have them...and let's say one other thing the costumer service is A+

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have two Nova A6 and I love them.
I dont get why people go for all the programming and lightning effects.
The ones I have are dimmable and the whites and blues are separate.
Spent a fraction of the price and they look fantastic.
You could cover you tank for less than $1,000 and still grow SPS wherever you want.

RFADCT

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But do your Novas have seven stages to simulate different light during the day. i dont think so or require a separated module to creat sunrise to sunset cause my acans don't. I set my lights once and haven't touched them in 7 mnths. And the lightening mode is cool as hell.

ACAN over NOVA all day

Novas sound like a computer monitor running after a while because it has three fans. Acan doesn't have fans and run much cooler. There is no comparison, that's what you pay for with Acan lighting.

Imbarrie should have went with AI sol blue for the same money as nova

Last edited by a moderator:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Yes, maybe to you all those features are well worth the money. I am sure we grew coral in our tanks before we had the lightning effect.
ACAN or AI would have been more then twice the amount and if you feel good paying that much then that is up to you.
But there are many LED brands out there that will work on controllers and give you the sunrise to sunset lighting without spending what you paid.
And if you actually heard the units you would know how quiet they are.

Last edited:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I was at imbarrys the other day and the Novas look great over the tank. His growth seems good too.
As for noise. I could not tell they had fans. In fact I found out in this thread about the fans.
I had an acan fixture an I liked the look of the nova better.
Acan fixtures are piercing blue.
The best part of the acan fixture is the moonlight.
I went back to MH/T5 since owning the acan. I had a hard time dialing in the acan. It seemed no matter how high I hung this fixture it just spotted so much that it would bleach anything if I ran it over 60%
Plus they seem to be differently branded ecolamps from china.

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
i use to have 4 radion g1 on my marineland 250 dd, the growth on my sps was excellent.i change them to the radion pro im speech less with the changes on my sps growth awesome!!!!
i recommend you to get the radion!!! imo the the best so far for me and other users on mr and other reefs forum ..

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
My decision was based on the depth of my tank. Most LED arrays are more linear and I was not confident the light would cover the full 24" of depth while also being able to penetrate almost 30" of height to the top of the sand so I could get growth all the way down.
I was looking for light spread in two dimensions. This is something AI or ACAN do not provide and 4 units would be too much yet 2 units would not be enough to cover my tank. Your tank you would definately need 6.
I was also skeptical I could not get any decent par at 30".
18" you can use anything, but add another foot of water and you are limited.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: