Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm coming back for a visit to your amazing city, and this time I will stay in China town just off the Manhattan bridge. I will be coming down from the north on a saturday just after noon. Could anyone give me advice or tips on the easyiest way to get into china town driving ( bridge?, tunnel?, time of day? etc...)? Thanks you for any help.

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
If you are still taking your car,(big mistake) go in to the Holland tunel China town is few blocks after u get out lucky if you find parking ,a friend of mine parked in a erea were he though it was good,45 minutes later car got towed away it cost him 180$ to get it out that was in 2002 ,more money now

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
there actually is lots of free alternate side parking in the city believe it or not. It usually doesn't take me long to find a non-meter spot for my mom when she comes over. Just read the signs carefully. primo spot is a pretty cool app that helps decipher the confusing street parking signs.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Parking in manhattan is easy, you just have to read sign carefully and know the difference between no parking and no standing cause the signs can confuse you a bit, I love driving into the village on weekends and walking around manhattan, I always find parking near the new school building off of university , lots of restaurants and lots of parking turnover!!

solo

Got Vodka?
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you're coming from I-87 there is no need for you to go into Jersey at all. Once you hit I-95 go straight into Manhattan at the Exit just before the GWB. You then take the west side highway all the way down to Chinatown. Unfortunately parking down there is a nightmare, just make sure you do as Saltwaterinbrooklyn says, read the signs carefully.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I wouldnt say it is easy.
There are a lot of signs and I have been ticketed twice in the 6 years I lived there. Best to park outside of the city and train in. You will save on tolls, meter fees and possible tickets. You will also save on dents and dings from all the other cars.

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're coming from I-87 there is no need for you to go into Jersey at all. Once you hit I-95 go straight into Manhattan at the Exit just before the GWB. You then take the west side highway all the way down to Chinatown. Unfortunately parking down there is a nightmare, just make sure you do as Saltwaterinbrooklyn says, read the signs carefully.

x2.. you can get off by canal st if its easier for you... just try not to travel rush hour.. 8am to 10am and 3pm-7pm the streets are horrible.. after 7pm alot of the meter parkings are not in effect so parking is free some meters stop at 10pm so becareful...just read the signs and pay attention to the arrows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: