Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
After two bad used tanks you are still looking at another used tank.
How would you be able to sleep at night after buying another used tank?
BUY NEW and sleep easy.
One fact that you cannot ignore, nothing lasts forever. When you buy a used tank you are already one step closer to it breaking. When it happens twice I would hope you would know better.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
If you have a problem with a new tank you have somewhere to go to get it taken care of.
If you want to save money buy a used skimmer or a used light. Dont skimp on the single most important item.

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
After two bad used tanks you are still looking at another used tank.
How would you be able to sleep at night after buying another used tank?
BUY NEW and sleep easy.
One fact that you cannot ignore, nothing lasts forever. When you buy a used tank you are already one step closer to it breaking. When it happens twice I would hope you would know better.

you gave me the same advice when I was about to upgrade. I went new and its well worth the piece of mind for the few hundred extra dollars. In the bigger picture, we spend so much money in other places in the hobby.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have bought used lights, skimmers, and rocks.
I have reused sand that was given to me, after cycling it in another tank.
I started this hobby on a serious budget and was happy I did.
When I was successful and happy with a tank it gave me the confidence to spend more on new and pass on the used to the next reefer.
Used equipment is a great way to save cash in a new hobby, but a tank is a different thing altogether.

Tangster

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have not replied to this thread for a while, i was just thinking and researching. that rimless turned out to be a reptile tank, the glass was too thin and it was not a true rimless.

i have now decided to go with a new tank. i am looking to go with deep blue professionals. they are a little cheaper and have good reviews. the only problem is that right now i can only find them on amazon.com. they are not sold anywhere else online, unless you guys might know.

another thing i am questioning is 110g or 90g. i don't know which one i should get. i want the 110g but i hear it is difficult to move things around on the bottom of the tank because of how tall they are.

Tangster

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see the only thing is that i can't get a tank with 24" depth because it won't fit in my shelving space. thanks for the feedback, i am starting to lean towards the 90g. i also don't think i have enough LR to fill up all the extra space. i would have twice the hight of my 55g.

Tangster

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i think now i am going with the 90g, but is there anywhere else i can get a deep blue professional besides amazon. i think it is easier to get one online, but it seems that amazon is the only place that sells them. the tank it $421 on amazon, but i think they are cheaper than that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: