Dejathoris

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone
I'm new to this site and a little out of touch with all the modern technology which exist in the aquarium world today. I have at home a 75 gallon FOWLR tank wish i want to upgrade to a 150 gallon Reef tank and in my office a 40 gallon reef tank which has been running for about 3 - 4 months. I'm trying to read and educate myself as much as possible before making the jump to a 150 gallon tank. I know i might have a few things out of place but I'm here for help and more knowledge on aquariums and hopefully meet some fellow reefers, so all comment and opinions will be truly appreciated. I have started purchasing some things to begin my journey. I will post pics soon.

?

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
welcome.gif

Welcome!
enjoy your stay

Dejathoris

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Office tank 40 gallons, Skimmer, VorTech MP10, reef breeders photon 32

Corals: lps, softies

Fish/Inverts: 2 - Black Ice clownfish, Yellowtail Damsel, domino and 1 goby

home: 75 gallon oceanic tank, etss skimmer, jebao wp40, eheim 1062, 1 - reefbreeder 32" photon
Fish: Hippo tang, 3 green chromes, yellow tang, fox face and 1 - false ocellaris

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
hmmmm

I have an idea, you should start a feedback thread where before you actually make a purchase or a decision you post and ask for feedback.

The purpose would be to ensure you buy the right sized skimmer the first time, so that you buy the right pump the first time, etc, etc etc

Too many of us buy skimmer after skimmer until happy
too many of us add starter corals to later find out they grow like weeds
Too many of us shuffle from one light to another fixture to another fixture
Too many of us blame one thing when in reality its another

Just saying, if you start a feedback thread you may actually avoid the pitfalls some of us have gone through

Jenna X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
hmmmm

I have an idea, you should start a feedback thread where before you actually make a purchase or a decision you post and ask for feedback.

The purpose would be to ensure you buy the right sized skimmer the first time, so that you buy the right pump the first time, etc, etc etc

Just saying, if you start a feedback thread you may actually avoid the pitfalls some of us have gone through

This it true.....

Hi and Welcome to MR!
My 2 cents: 1. Sometimes being patient pays off. 2. Don't be tempted to buy a coral or fish without doing the proper research. Trust me my blueberry gorgonian had to pay the price!
and most importantly 3. Enjoy the site!

Dejathoris

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your best?

hmmmm

That sounds like a plan d5332 shall we begin:
At present I just ordered a 150 gal RR tank with 2 overflows 72x18x28
I have 2x reef breeders 32" photon lights, 2x jebao wp 40 (don't know if i need 2 or not)

Recommendations needed for:

1. Skimmer

2. UV sterilizer

3. ATO

4. Reactors

5. Pump (I was thinking of an Eheim 1262)
Oh by the way I'm not the most computer savvy just figure it took me 3 days to figure out how to attach d332 comment to my reply. LOL

All inputs are appreciated

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: