Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Manhattan Aquariums
522 W 37th St, New York, NY 10018
(212) 594-2272

pretty okay prices, lots of stock. been there twice and both times people were friendly enough once you spoke to them, very off putting otherwise as they dont talk to you unless you go to them lol

Chris Vo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I find Manhattan Aquariums to be the best in selection--Olivere, Taso, and Morris are my favorite guys to talk to. Fauna on 87th is decent--not the biggest & healthiest selection & the slime algae in some of their tanks is really off putting, but Christian seems to know what he's talking about. Pacific Aquarium on Delancey St is also decent--The head guy there is very nice.

Manolo_AP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Fauna is pretty good. Only thing is they are currently going through a nasty cyano and dinoflagellate outbreak. Which I found out the hard way. I introduced Dino into my system via a frag I purchased and didn't do a dip. They have decent prices tho.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Besides manhattan aquariums, I don't know, but I was there on Tuesday for the first time ever and the prices were pretty high, or maybe I just got used to getting great prices from Maximum reefs and aquarium village.... I'm spoiled... Lol!!

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Besides manhattan aquariums, I don't know, but I was there on Tuesday for the first time ever and the prices were pretty high, or maybe I just got used to getting great prices from Maximum reefs and aquarium village.... I'm spoiled... Lol!!

I find that they are expensive but sometimes get interesting items. I was turned off by a real bad flatworm problem they had in their tanks. The owner refused to run any kind of medication through his fish only systems so I would see ich and other stuff as well. Unfortunately this was enough to keep me from buying a great sailfin tang at an awesome price...

salajander

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I ordered a stand through Manhattan Aquariums and it was a bit of a clusterf***. Took a long time to get ordered and delivered.

Their store seems good enough, but I didn't stare at the fish too long to see worms or ich.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I went into Manhattan Aquariums today to buy a scoly, I literally walked out after 15 minutes of standing around without a hello,,,I've easily given them a grand worth of business since I discovered them last year and even overlooked a large zoo colony that melted when I got home but I'm not going back unless I know for sure Taso or Oliver are there. Actually I think Taso was there just busy taking an order from some guy.

fishieness

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fauna on 87th is decent--not the biggest & healthiest selection & the slime algae in some of their tanks is really off putting, but Christian seems to know what he's talking about.

Thanks for the plug, Chris. The cyano and dyno issues have been resolved. :fish:
-Christian

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: