thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I had a wrasse stuck in my overflow it was hard to net out because I'm short and had hard time seeing what I was trying to do. It was I overflow for weeks before finally got it out. It was somewhat pale but fine otherwise and I had the fish until I broke the tank down

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i had this happen with a clown and my net was too big....
I took the long end of the net, the wire handle, scared him to the top and scooped him with my hand..
Generally i do not like using the net anyway, some fish get their fins caught in the net and it can be tough to get them out and stressful on the fish..

4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. I was cleaning my filter socks, with fresh water, I look in my sink, and there is my missing fish. Ran back to the tank to move him back, and he is swimming around and eating like nothing happened. He had to be in the stuck for a few days. Pretty amazing that he is alive.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Quick update. I was cleaning my filter socks, with fresh water, I look in my sink, and there is my missing fish. Ran back to the tank to move him back, and he is swimming around and eating like nothing happened. He had to be in the stuck for a few days. Pretty amazing that he is alive.

+1 they are usually dead when you find them in the sock.

Johnny Spesis

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I too had this happen. Fish were going thru a small crack where return lines passed thru overflow. I cut a wine bottle cork to fix.
As far as getting a fish out of your overflow, wait for a water change. After turning off your filter, remove water from overflow. Catching will be very easy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: