Sandyp1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I started a science project ! Took the top off my Max and added an Aquatic Life fixture with 2 x 150W 20K Radiums and 4 T5's ( 2 AquaBlue Specials , 1 Blue Special & a Fiji Pink ) then I added a custom sump from Life Reefs in Colorado and there you go ! The most non Red Sea Max you will ever see !!!

Here are some pix, let me know what you guys and gals think !

Attachments

• IMG_5663.jpg
    IMG_5663.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_5690.jpg
    IMG_5690.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_5693.jpg
    IMG_5693.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:

Sandyp1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey Zanymaster.... did you also get yours from Steve at WWF while he was still in business ? I got really frustrated with the lighting on the max and also went through 2 skimmer pumps in 3 months, so i decided to take drastic ( and costly ! ) measures. I probably couls have set up a nice Oceanic tank with the money I spent but..................

Sandyp1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well, I went to clean some algae off a branch of my rock and part of the left side collapsed. I can't seem to get it back the way I had it so I was wondering if anyone knows a way to tie some of the branches together so I just don't place them. I feel like they are like flowers in a flower pot and they really aren't that steady.

Sandyp1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey Levito, I have a EuroReef skimmer that fits right where the stock skimmer sits if your interested. Better than the stock one and I'm using a sump with a skimmer so I can give you a really good price. Pm me

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: