Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2019, 03:30 PM
Reefer Ratings: (16 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Question Need advice for trunkfish feeding habits

Hello reefers, does anyone kept or still have smoth trunkfish in the tank? I can’t figure out what to feed this fish with. I tried brine shrimp, small Hanks of table shrimp and live musles. No luck, can anyone advise or digest a trick for fish to start eating?
Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-22-2019, 05:05 PM
The All Powerful OZ
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason: Moderator badge 
Reefer Ratings: (52 (98%)
Friends: (43)
Send a Private Message
Try clam meat. Chop it up into small pieces and feed it that way. Another would be and try and get some small live shrimp, like ghost shrimp.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

Old 02-23-2019, 02:21 AM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Send a Private Message
I purchased a marine betta on February 9th and wouldn't eat anything I offered. I got some ghost shrimp, gut loaded them and he devoured them. I didn't feed for 3 days tried frozen mysis shrimp again and still nothing, feed more ghost shrimp and another 3 day no food and tried the mysis and nothing again, gave more ghost shrimp and as of the 21st it's been eating the frozen mysis shrimp.. Hope this helps, good luck!
Old 02-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Reefer Ratings: (16 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Thanks everyone for advice. Where will I get live ghost shrimp?
Old 02-25-2019, 12:57 AM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Send a Private Message
I purchased some from Petsmart and Petco. The ones from Petsmart seemed to be healthier and last longer, still have two from them in my freshwater system.