empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hey, I've been in and out of the hobby for about 4 years now. This is my second jbj nc. Long story short, my 120 sprung a leak, I downgraded to Ia 28g professional LED that I purchased from a fellow member. The tank sat for a few weeks to possibly 2 months. Once I finally got around to setting it up, I get a call from my mother screaming and cursing at me. The bottom seal somehow broke which caused the tank to end up all over my mother's floor. I called JBJ and surprisingly they sent out a new tank to me.

I wasn't really a fan of the stock LEDs. I sold the hood and upgraded to the Ecoxotic panorama pro 24" light fixture. I recently purchased a tunze 9002 and I just got done sawing off the magnet so it will fit into my center chamber. What a pita. Unfortunately I might have cracked the body but I used some weldon to seal it up. Hopefully it works. I'll find out in 22 hours.

Tank-JBJ 28 Gallon AIO

Light: 24" Ecoxotic Panorama Pro. These bad boys are extremely bright. I really like the dim feature. However, Ecoxotic really needs to improve with their customer service.

Filtration- TUNZE 9002 Doc Nano Skimmer

Waterflow- 2 x Maxijet 1200 returns. Just ordered a mp10wes.

Still need to buy:

I plan on purchasing the RGB Panorama Pro LED Module. I've asked around and so far I have been hearing positive reviews. Hopefully they are right!

2 x TLF reactors to run GFO and possibly carbon.

Stocklist: not sure, open to suggestions. I really want a dwarf frogfish/anglerfish.

Corals wise, mainly SPS. I never really kept SPS, I had mostly acans and zoos. Figured I'd give it a try.

Here are a few pics of when I got the replacement filled up with water, rock, and sand.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

This was my old JBJ when I first started the hobby.

IMG_1678.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
ad3f553b-61a9-1bea.jpg

Well this sucks. I have to get a stand mount and what sucks even more is that I also need the wall mount in order I use this fixture. God I miss having a sump :( still waiting on ecoxotic to send me my equipment.

ad3f553b-6208-0e31.jpg

The tunze is pretty beastly. Don't have anything in this tank except sand and live rock and it still manages to get some garbage out.

ad3f553b-6234-d998.jpg

No room for both!

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
figured i'd update this. don't get much feedback on rc, hopefully i can here.

-sold the ecoxotics
-purchased a xr-30w - i drilled some holes in my current light mount from ecoxotic, i didn't want to go through the hassle of selling the mount, and purchasing another mount.
-setup my mp10wes
-purchased an aquamaxx hob-1 not sure which skimmer to go with..9002 vs hob-1
-got a cleaner shrimp from red sand
-purchased TLF 150, looking for another one.

fbe17324.jpg

a0c61451.jpg

f00d3fee.jpg

1f055734.jpg

2dcd0533.jpg

f1fb14ab.jpg

i have a really bad micro bubble problem which made me purchased the hob-1 thinking the media basket would help. however due to my light rail, i can't really mount the skimmer anywhere else on my tank. i was a little nervous about the location of my hob-1 and the way it was sitting which caused me to go back to the 9002.

6c23ffde-f0d4-8766.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: