Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Well...I'm back! I sold my Fluval EDGE to a friend of mine and within a couple of months I'm getting back into the hobby. I picked up a 7 gallon rimless tank from xxfirewaterxx tonight and I'm getting my build going right away.

My main concern is lighting...the tank measures 16" x 10" x 11" and I'm thinking of going with a clip on style light. I'm open to any and all suggestions from you guys. Like any other college student I'm on a tight budget. Mike is a great guy and hooked me up with this setup for a crazy low price and I couldn't say no so here I am again ready to start another nano tank.

Please give me some feedback/guidance as to what light to go with...

Last edited:

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Welcome back.
You could get away with a par30 depending on what you want to grow.
A par38 will be a better option.
There are great reviews on the LEDtric bulbs over at NR.
If I hadn't just gotten my boostLEDs (I do love them though) i would have checked out the LEDtric par38s.

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks for the tips guys I'm gonna keep checking out all my options before buying anything. Just gonna go with some torch corals, GSP, maybe another leather toadstool and the basics so I think the par 30 will suffice but if something nice pops up for sale on here I'll jump on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: