Nesty427

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So i was looking in my attic and came across my old 14 Gallon Aquapod. So I desided to start a new nano tank in my office at work. so I ordered 40 pounds of dead rock, a 20 pound bag of Caridsea OceanDirect sand, and an Innovative Marine Fuge LED Light.

So on July 28 I used about 15 to 20 pound of the rock and about 15 pounds of the sand and added salt water and Cheato and Grape Caulerpa

I installed a Seneye Reef and took some PAR reading of the old Power Compact Bulbs.

Middle

Bottom

So I ordered an AquaIllumination Hydra TwentySix HD to install on it when it comes in.

Now 12 days into the cycle and this is how its looking

Nesty427

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Took some more PAR readings with the new lights. First was the lights set to 100%

Comparing the old PAR reading to the New(top right corner)

Middle

Bottom

Them I took PAR readings with lights set to 50% No Red and Green(set to 0%)

Middle

Bottom

Nesty427

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hi pecan2phat the fuge is working great I have to remove some chaeto every month (about 75% of it) when I do my 5 gallon water change. The chaeto comes out about the size of a brick and very compacted together. It has never gone over the baffle in to the last return chamber. I have to do an update on the tank when I go back to work.

r_jay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I scrolled back up and see where you attached them, I like it. I always struggle with attaching mushrooms, they are so slimy and hard to attach where you want them, only to later detach themselves and float inside the rockwork never to be found until breaking down the tank. stinkers

Nesty427

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I know what you mean, I lost some like that to. I try to cut the rock they are on to the smallest piece I can the glue it down, the zoa I like to remove them from the rock completely and glue 1 or 2 polyps to a new rock.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: