tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I stopped by saturday on the way to the short hills mall just to check it out and to take a look at some elos mini aquariums because my wife now wants me to get back into the hobby in a few months. The place looks great, has a great feel to the store. Very clean, nice display tanks in the middle for coral. They are open but don't have a ton of livestock yet. They are prepping for the grand opening in a few weeks. Spoke with the owner a bit who is a really nice guy. This place looks like the go to place for elos products, the sheer amount of all the elos stuff is stunning, and it looks like another great place to get the nicer coral if your in the jersey area. The ride from bklyn wasn't too bad, took me about an hour to get there with traffic, 40 min without, which is about the same as if I went to greenwich for a fish store run. The ride took 20 mins out of the holland tunnel.

m28cruiser

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 82.4%
14   3   0
Just wanted to share that I just stopped by the Elos AquaStudio store today during my lunch break. That place is SWEEEEEEEET!!! You got to check it out. It's definitely one of a kind.

They are having their official grand opening this week, so all live stock are 25% off until Sunday. The livestock there seems very healthy. I picked up a purple torch coral at a pretty good price. They got these fascinating electric pattern sea urchin and this cool looking Australian apple creature.

I snapped some pics of the place with my iPhone, but can't upload it work. I ll try to post it later.

StevieGabs

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The store is amazing. Lots of great tanks, lights and other equipment. The people who work there are very helpful. I just ordered my 120xl full system and stand with 2 E-light 3 long lights. Kind of expensive but very i think its worth it.

The store also have a lot of fish, inverts and all sorts of corals.

All together a great place.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised they sell livestock...

For some reason I'm surprised they sell livestock, thought they'd need livestock to show off their tanks but that they would not be for sale...anyway, I think my next tank will be an Elos if my wife approves... :) And I don't think the company thought the store would be in NY, I believe they decided on a strategic location that will serve the tri-state area.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I stopped there today the store is amazing and I spent an hour talking to the owner. the tanks are awesome, livestock was healthy probably the best I have seen in any store in NJ! prices were on par with the"other" store in NJ, in my opinion the livestock looked healthier too.:sleeping:
they had a nice collection of SPS and frags very affordable!
about a 45 min trip from me but well worth the trip

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Hands down the best lfs in jersey right now imo I hit that place up atleast once every other week. Picking up a trio of blotchys last week and looking to pickup some new livestock next week. If anyone is on the fence of going just go you wont be disappointed

boozeman

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Believe the accolades .... The Elos Aquastudio has got to be The sickest lfs in the area !!!
I was there for the soft opening ....absolutely stunning displays full of the fatest and healthiest fish I've seen at any store

Don't know if these cell phone pics I took that day can do it justice ....

image-9.jpg

image-11.jpg

image-12.jpg

Can't think of any lfs you can walk into and see one of these :smokin: ....

image-14.jpg

boozeman

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I must add .....The owner (Ralph) is a genuinely nice guy and a hobbyist as well, very knowledgeable and determined in making the Aquastudio THE place to go to.
I'm always checking out his Facebook page to see what amazing fish he brings in this week...

image-10.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: