Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Announcing NJ Reefers 2014 Frag Swap & Conference

Greetings fellow reefers! We are getting closer to our frag swap and just wanted to give you all a huge update on what is going on. We have officially announced our three speakers, Luiz Rocha, John "Copps" Coppolino, and Morgan Moore. For those of you who cannot make it this year, Luiz Rocha is the keynote speaker for MACNA in Denver, so come listen to him on the east coast. For those that missed MACNA last year, both John and Morgan spoke at MACNA in Miami so we have an amazing cast of speakers this year.

What would a frag swap be without vendors? As always we have a very good mix of your favorites and some new ones to keep things fresh. We still have a small number of booths available so this list will grow a bit as we get closer. Here is who we have so far:

Dr. Jim's Reef Corner
Ultra Corals & Fish
Champion Lighting
R&R Aquatics
Orange Count Corals of NY
Ultimate Corals
Aznnutty's Saltwater Connection
Dirk's
NYCoral1
Pacific East Aquaculture (Dr. Mac)
Zoanthids.com
Knockout Aquatics
Reefermo
Gotham Aquatics
Suntuity Solar
Jason Fox Signature Corals
dnov99/smcooler
Ideal Aquatics
Bare Bottom Corals
M&M Corals
Cherry Corals
Pop Corals

Please visit us at www.njreefers.org and click on the Frag Swap menu tab to get more information and links to register. Register early for a special price of $15 for an individual or $20 for a family, these prices will go up the closer we get to the swap and at the door.

Stay tuned for our raffle items and other cool announcements.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies, the first sentence was supposed to be a link.

The date is: September 27th

I will also be posting the poster soon as well. Thank you for pointing it out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Announcing2014swapposterreef_zpsbaa45b93.jpg

Well that was quick we have now sold out the vendor floor. There may be some shuffling so keep your eyes open, but here is our floor plan:

2014SwapFloorPlan-Rev2_zpsd5591702.jpg

We would also like to make sure you saw the huge announcement that World Wide Corals is going to be putting on RAP New York right here in New Jersey (looks like they are following our football team names). They are going to be at our swap, with a booth for WWC and a booth for RAP. We are really excited to be working with them and having them come to our swap. Here is the press release in case you all missed it:

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/07/28/reefapalooza-york/

Come on over and sign up today to come to this amazing swap. Check back for more information later!

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
+1. I'm surprised by this limitation as well. Its not advertised as a members only event. And typically such events will have a members fee and a non-members fee. On the other hand, the policy will sure help to increase membership.

I am a member but I am surprised by this as well especially given the line up of vendors. Seems like a sure way to kill the hype for no good reason.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
...guys, all you have to do is create an ID on the website.
I've had dual membership (same name) on NJReefs for about as long as I've had my MR acct.

Just go to the website, sign up for free, then sign up for the swap. That's not unreasonable and may take 3 mins of your time.

They are not saying you have to be a paying/donating member prior to signing up for the swap.

I went to this swap last year. It's very well stocked.
Especially if you want dry goods. There were like 4 stores with 2 -3 booths each selling dry goods. Even Champion Lighting which i think is the main distributor of the ATI lights. So, instead of worrying about bulbs getting broken during shipment, I got my Purple + directly from them!

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
This will be a sweet frag swap and I see WWC will be in the house. I sure hope they bring some eye candy to jersey. I'll be attending look forward to seeing a lot of familiar faces aswell as new ones

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies for the late reply in here. There is no need to become a member to attend the Frag Swap. You just have to create a username which allows us to make the pre-registration process much easier. If you do not want to create a username, you can always pay at the door. My apologies again for the misinformation.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Albano,

Thank you for the assist. At this time we are sold out of floor space for vendors. We do have a waiting list going in case anyone backs out at this time but there are already 3 vendors on that list.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: