E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I'm looking to take my wife out to dinner on Tuesday for Valentine's Day.
I realize it's last minute but if anyone has recommendations that'd be very helpful.

As for food preference... ideally American-style fare, such as steaks and seafood, or Italian would probably be best. I live in Roslyn (Northern Nassau County) so close to the North Shore/Nassau is best, although Manhattan isn't out of the question as long as I can get reservations :redface:.

Thanks for the help! :hug:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
In port washington there is a great little italian place. La Piccola liguria. Very good food, good service and nice atmosphere (i have not been there in almost 10 years, but i bet its still good)

Its the kind of place where the waiters memorize the specials (even though there are 30 different specials) and the owner/chef comes out and does a "meet and greet".

The owners son was a chef for Shaq in the 90's, fun little fact.

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
There's a place right down the street from your old place called Baci. Have you ever been there? The food is awesome, very reasonably priced and very good size portions. The staff is also very courteous and attentive. If you have never been there it's definitely worth checking out. Major's steak house is good too there's a bunch of them on li. For mexican my favorite spot is also same area Cozy Mels. ON the border is good for mexican too it's in Hicksville by where ikea is broadway mall I think it's called. If I can think of any other good places I'll post them. Good luck bro.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll have to take a look at the ones mentioned above. Has anyone tried little Italy during valentines day? I bet it's super crowded and tough to get a table but there are tons of restaurants to choose from.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I have to say there is only one place I go for dinner on Valentines Day. That is my kitchen table. I will get some nice food and cook a nice meal for my 3 valentines! But I stopped the whole going out for dinner. IMO it is just a rip off to go out. You get a watered down menu and they just double the prices for what they have.

Why don't you just have a nice dinner at home, and then use the extra money to buy yourself a few dozen green apple scollys :)

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I took my wife to Marco polo. It's a restaurant in the new viana hotel and spa in westbury on brush hollow road. They have a prefix menu. $65 pp.
app was shrimp cocktail and seared ahi tuna with mango drizzle.

You also get to pick a salad each Asian caesar salad or Strawberry glazed walnut salad with gorgonzola cheese.

Entree was chicken dish I don't remember what it was. Or Tiger prawn stuffed with crabmeat on risotto (really flavorful)
Or
Filet mignon in a pastry wrap and mashed potato and asparagus(really good filet mignon)

Desert was strawberry crepes or cheesecake both was very good

Overall, it was a great dinner. We ate there because we got a couples massage there that day also at the hotel.

65pp plus tax and 19% gratuity I think came out to 165?

I know my suggestion is a little pricey but a little acknowledgment would have been nice. Good luck with your valentines day .

Last edited:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have two for you. Tratoria L'incountro, The best restaurant you will even go to is in Astoria. Rocco the owner is a friend of mine and it is rated #1 in all of New York in Zagat.
There is no comparism with any restaurant but you will not be able to get in any time near Valantines day and you always need reservations. Every day they have at least 50 specials and the waiters know every one.
Rocco cooks in Gracie Mansion almost ever week and he is often on TV.
http://www.trattorialincontro.com/

The second place is the Crescent in Bayville right on the water. They also do weddings and you have probably been there because it is not that far from you. It is very modern, and all glass. American menu.
I feel it is the best looking place in New York and I think I have been to most of them.
Both places are not cheap but the Crescent (or now called the Pine Grill) is empty in the winter.
http://www.thecrescentbeachclub.com/

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Here it is ---- theparknyc.com this place is great and romantic as well as casual nice area for a walk right after let me know what you think. Also if u have an iPhone or iPad get the open table app , this gives you all restaurants and allows you to make reservations as well good luck buddy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: