JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Ok so with the new puppy on the way I was thinking there were every other type of reefing get togethers here and groups of locals doing trips and so on and have noticed A LOT of dog owners on here just by avatars alone so I know there are a lot more that don't use their pups in their avatars.

So my idea is maybe the dog owners with non dog agressive and friendly dogs can get together at dog parks around the island? I'll have my little monster home in the beginning of June and will be able to have him around other dogs probably in mid July so what a great way to socialize our little buddies and talk a little reef.

Maybe we could go to parks in different areas on a rotation so some will be local for each one of us.

What does everyone think?

Would like some feedback from the dog people.

Last edited:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thats a great idea! If everything works out the way I'm hoping it does, my family and i will be moving back to long island sometime at the end of July. I'm in for the doggy get together! I can only bring the big guy tho, the small pit doesn't get along with other female dogs

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Cool, well sounds like it has a chance of happening, even if only a few. Hay E. mine will be a boxer pup, so the energy factor is a good thing between them.

Awilda, I can always make a trip in to your neck of the woods as well, no biggie, ALL socialization with good people is good for a pup.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey Jimmy, I own a 3yr old female flashy red brindle boxer. She is really good with dogs. And xcellent with children. I used to bring her all the time to dog parks, but due to the # of fights she would get into at the parks because of retarted owners I stopped going. I'd be happy to go to any of the parks again to meet you guys. There Cedar in wantagh, bethpage, Half hollow hills I believe which is huge and one out east in enormous...

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Im bringing my pup to the beach tomorrow... Where I go, you're allowed to bring dogs from October to march. It's always a good time.
Lots of wide open Space to run and sand is good for draining energy. Lol

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hey Jimmy, I own a 3yr old female flashy red brindle boxer. She is really good with dogs. And xcellent with children. I used to bring her all the time to dog parks, but due to the # of fights she would get into at the parks because of retarted owners I stopped going. I'd be happy to go to any of the parks again to meet you guys. There Cedar in wantagh, bethpage, Half hollow hills I believe which is huge and one out east in enormous...

Yeah unfortunately there are a lot of idiot owners for sure. I'm in, we can even go somewhere other than a park, wherever the mutts can have a few buddies to run around with and look forward to seeing to romp with.

Im bringing my pup to the beach tomorrow... Where I go, you're allowed to bring dogs from October to march. It's always a good time.
Lots of wide open Space to run and sand is good for draining energy. Lol

Nice, what beach is that? Sounds awesome!!

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
So my idea is maybe the dog owners with non dog agressive and friendly dogs can get together at dog parks around the island? I'll have my little monster home in the beginning of June and will be able to have him around other dogs probably in mid July so what a great way to socialize our little buddies and talk a little reef.
It's a good idea, dyker dog park on 86th. By the way what kind of dog are you getting? Adopted or not? Also as a reminder make sure all his shots are up to date before you take him to a dog park with adult dogs.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
maybe I'll bring this cumbersome critter...

302946_10150340410551593_717486592_8335950_685941033_n.jpg

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
It's a good idea, dyker dog park on 86th. By the way what kind of dog are you getting? Adopted or not? Also as a reminder make sure all his shots are up to date before you take him to a dog park with adult dogs.

I'm glad that people like the idea, thanks.

I'm getting a boxer- from a breeder in Ohio.

I'll definately be waiting till after the last round of shots.

Maybe we can get a list together of everyone interested and we can all decide on places we know are good near each of us for the rotation thing I was talking about.

I of course will be starting from scratch so I won't have a particular place to recommend. I will always be willing to travel a bit thats no biggie for me.

Skene once the first is planned with a definate date bring the critter lol

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm glad that people like the idea, thanks.

I'm getting a boxer- from a breeder in Ohio.

I'll definately be waiting till after the last round of shots.

Maybe we can get a list together of everyone interested and we can all decide on places we know are good near each of us for the rotation thing I was talking about.

I of course will be starting from scratch so I won't have a particular place to recommend. I will always be willing to travel a bit thats no biggie for me.

Skene once the first is planned with a definate date bring the critter lol

That's great. I got Laila from a breeder in Tampa Bay, FL. She is a great dog...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: