dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I been to punta cana and stayed at a resort about 2.5 years ago around this same time. Everything was good Just take some cash and don't exchange it cause locals don't want pesos they want USD. Nothing was stolen everything made the trip back including my laptop and camera (DSLR). Buying anything and everything is expensive so I would prob not recommend purchasing anything but key chains... lol

I did do some diving and that was fun but depending on how long u are staying I would work out an activity schedule as soon as I arrive. Don't bother with the timeshare stuff its a waist of valuable time cause they will keep you there till you buy in.

And last, as mentioned before the ride from the airport is exactly like that. You pass by some very poor areas. I never left the resort but I would not recommend it either.

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

DR is really fun Ive been there about 3 Times in the past 5 years. The airport is unique remember you are going to the Caribbean a nice open airport is what i would expect, security is as tough as here in the US but nothing will happen as far as things gone missing . People steal stuff all over the place US, DR, PR wherever, just watched your things and use the safe in the room you should be good. As far as the ride from the airport to the resort people don't realize there is a lot of construction going on in Punta Cana there for it looks like a mess, is an up coming tourist place. Like every country, you have to go on vacation and be optimistic. Its going to be fun and by far the greatest vacation you've been on. BTW im from Puerto Rico and we usually have fight with Dominicans about who has the best island so far im leaning towards DR I love it there. People are fun and really happy.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
^^^. Thanks. I had a long talk with travel agent yesterday. I want planning on showing myself as high roller( farthest thing from it) I read some bad reviews about the airport itself, I'll have my guard up and certainly plan on having a blast once I'm at resort!

ScorpionSys

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Its a great place and everyone is very friendly. As with anywhere watch out for the scammers at the airport. They will try and get you to take a tour of their resort and blah blah blah They are going to basically kidnap you and take you to a timeshare sales seminar we made the mistake the first time there lol they look like airport staff and we thought and have booths and everything. Also make sure to tip the staff at your resort they definitely appreciate it and you will get Outstanding service. They remember you and will go out of their way for you. you know like running from the restaurant to the outdoor bar to get your kid a slushy because they didn't have it there. Imagine that happening in the US. Going back again soon we all loved it.
I never had anything stolen and went with my 7 and 9 year old. One of our best vacations.

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
I never traveled directly to the Punta Cana airport being that my home is in Santiago and I always travel to the airport there. I love to take the 5 or so hr trip through all the towns there when I go to the resorts in Punta Cana or La Romana. You're going to enjoy your stay there:beer:!

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I dont know if you've gone already, but I went last December for a week and had a good time. I stayed at Majestic Elegance. I didnt leave the resort out side of a chartered trip. However, I wanted to. The staff told me not to.

Anyway, Punta Cana doesnt have a lot of stuff out side of yhe the beaches and stuff designed for tourists. Folks I spoke to said it was an area primarily existing to cater to tourists. Many cities are like that.

I will say that the airport was an experience. In my opinion, very inefficient.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Hey Tuni, leaving in few weeks. The airport is more my concern than anything else. I have a friend that just came back, they had a great time. I'm sure we will too... Traveling with young kids is part of prob.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
The airport is just slow and packed.there are these special visas you have to pay for. 10 bux each, going and coming. It is easier if you fill it out while on the plane because there are no pens and the line starts as soon as you exit the terminal ramp.

Your kids should be fine. Just keep them close. Airport maybe more packed than you've ever seen. Think NYC during tourist time.

Have fun!

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Just got back from Punta Cana, trip was tremendous! The airport was a lot less of a concern than I had geared up for and the outdoor design although hot, moved fairly quickly on arrival as well as departing earlier today. We stayed at the reserve, Palma real and the place was great. The people who worked at the resort couldn't h ave been friendlier and they work some crazy hours!!!! Same waiter fro breakfast lunch and dinner somedays in three different spots. Our trip had a family concierge who took care of anything and everything we could have wanted and was a pleasure. Anyone looking for a good vaca spot, I would absolutely recommend it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: