thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Everyone has a slightly different situation. If you keep it or downsize, I am sure you will find a way to make it work. I do almost all my maintenance after my boys go to sleep. Takes a little bit of pre planning but works just the same. Good luck with whatever you do. I am sure many would agree, kids are a lot of work, can make home life tougher than needed at times, but absolutely nothing better or rewarding!

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
We eventually got to a compromise that I can down grade to the 24g and put in in a far off corner of the LR or ...put it in a closet where only I can see it...(she doesn't like the tank anyway, regardless of a baby).

Tell her to move all her crap out of her closet, it's going in there. If she wants you to compromise be putting the tank in the closet, she can get rid of her shoes and clothes.

Kids are more work than a tank... Just get a hard to keep fish and call it a day.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Two good arguments... Babies sleep a lot. - Plenty of time to get things done on your tank :)

Babies wake you up late at night. I tell my wife to get to bed while I do maintenance. When baby wakes up 2-3 hours later i go get him..

Also you can easily reduce your water change schedule to 4-6 weeks or longer. Hell, leave it for a while just change your filter socks and carbon.

By the time you need to worry about it your tank will be pretty mature, it will practically run itself. A skimmate container goes a long way :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: