Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I recently went on a beautiful vacation to the Dominican Republic. I currently have a iphone5s 32g with a life proof case. I took it in ocean for a swim to take some underwater videos. Worked for about 10 mins and then noticed it started to bug. I checked the charging port and the foam on the inside must have fell out and the phone became water logged. I ran and asked for dry rice and finally got it in a bag but later met its demise. This was the 2nd day. Had a awesome vacation but lost a ton of pictures and a phone too. :-(

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Saltwater could do a lot of damage to phone. But I once left my phone in my pants and threw them in washing machine. I thought I killed the phone. After a week or two gone. I put it on and couldn't believe it worked. You never know once it truly dries. Just a little hope.... U never know...

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I had dropped my phone in a snow storm at work
Four + months later the house next to our building returned a found iPhone: I was able to power up the phone long enough to get my pictures from it

Worth a shot see what happens

will424

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I was really bummed especially because I always check the seals on the case and this time I only checked the microphone screw in and the problem was the little foam piece on the charging port.

Come to my store i fix phones mabey i can bring your phone back to life if the water damage isnt too bad. Pm me

$pit

broke wanna-be ecoreefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gosh i miss puerto vallarta, ,esp playa dorada!

punta cana isn't so reefy but somehow growing in popularity despite its beach's shortcomings.

happy fixing!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The beach was actually really nice. The hotel had a tractor with some sort of like rake that rotated across the top of the sand to pick up the seed weed. Luckily we were there and the seaweed was at least 35-40ft off shore. Towards the end of our trip it started to creep in and make it look like ****. I don't mind but my 2nd half sure did. I wanted to scoop it all up and bring it home to feed my fish. Lol...

$pit

broke wanna-be ecoreefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which beach was it? i used to hit up both pp & pc when i went down first 2 times but now i stick to pp including its playa dorada.

the south coast beaches (ie santo domingo area) remind me of prico beaches (lulz)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: