Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I don't have the nicest tank on here.
I don't have the nicest of a lot of things, but I don't care because they are nice enough for me.
I don't have the most difficult corals on here, but it is not my purpose to have that.
I don't have the most interesting fish on here, but they are interesting enough for me.
I have no ideas what my parameters are. I assume my corals know and they seem fine.
I don't have any controllers or dosers. Don't want any.
I don't have any test kits. If I want something tested, I take It to a LFS. They like doing that.
I don't have the largest tank on here. It's a perfect size for me.
My lights are way underpowered. I don't care and so far, neither do the corals.
I don't have a sump. I would, but they were not invented in the 70s
I don't use any reactors, GFO, GAC, ABC, Doh Ray Me, or bio pellets.
I don't use Rowafas.
Don't have a DSB, SSB, or BB.
I don't use Purple Up, Marine Snow or almost anything else and I don't want to.
I have to many fish, they don't seem to mind the crowd.
I have to many Pod eaters, they send out for Pizza.
I am jealous of some tanks on here, but I will get over it.
I don't have the most hair and I am far from the best looking on here. My wife likes me.
I don't change much water, but I assume I change enough.
I have plenty of iron and stainless steel in my tank. Is that scary to anyone?
I sometimes feed my fish Plaster of Paris with some minerals mixed in. Am I bad?
I used copper for years in my tank and never changed the rocks or gravel.
I have never dated a Supermodel but I did date some beautiful girls. Also some plainer ones.
I use dolomite for the substrait, ever heard of that?
My wireing is probably some of the sloppiest on here. And I am an electrician.
I am impressed by some of the skill on here with spawning hard fish.
I am impressed by creativity, but not by degrees unless they are on a thermometer.
Right now I am embarassed to say I have a fever, which is a Sissy disease and I may have to revoke my Man card. Fevers are so yesterday and Sissy Mary like. Maybe I am halucinating which is why I wrote this useless thread.
I am finished, and I am old, There is no purpose to this post that I know of.

Its a hobby, enjoy it for yourself, no one else

Last edited:

ReefDiver

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Words of wisdom, as usual Paul. There's more than one way to skin a cat, or raise a fish. I just saw a FTS of razarmi's awesome softie and LPS tank and wondered why do i want to obsess over supporting SPS?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Words of wisdom, as usual Paul. There's more than one way to skin a cat, or raise a fish. I just saw a FTS of razarmi's awesome softie and LPS tank and wondered why do i want to obsess over supporting SPS?

I like softies and LPS much better which is why there are so many more of them in my reef. I like the movement and always have. I only added SPS because a few years ago someone was arguing
with me and said I couldn't keep SPS because my tank was to dirty. Then they grew all over the place.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: