Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So I know a bunch of reefers here have tattoos. I've been really becoming an admirer of tats over the last couple of years, something that was reinforced when I worked on LA INK for 9 months. Last week I started on 2 large pieces on my legs. A tiger on the left thigh and there will be a dragon on the right. Last week I got the tiger outlined and some black shading. Color will come later. Here's what it looks like now. (It only took him 1.5 hours, which is quite amazing.) The guy doing it is Chris O'Donnell at Brooklyn Adorned. He's one of the top artists in the country and his waiting list can be up to a year. But if he's really into whatever you want to do - he keeps slots open to accommodate a shorter wait.

So show us your ink - and any stories that might be associated with it.

Attachments

• TATtiger0528.jpg
    TATtiger0528.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 219

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are there any other artists you'd reccomend Im looking to get another and still havent found the right artist yet. Ill get some pics of mine up in a lil bit.

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got this tat over 9 years ago, with my mother, she got the matching on her left calf with my name beneath it. I called her Momma, that is why it says that (RIP) an Iris was her favorite flower. She got her first tattoo at 42 and 7 more by the age if 47 upon her death.

The tattoo was done by Lou Reed at Cliffs in Rocky Point at the time. He is one of my favorite tattoo artists, he does some insane portraits and animals. Wonder where he is since they closed that location?

DSC02212Small.jpg

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Jay> A lot really depends on what kind of tattoo you want to get. Many artists will actually refuse to do certain pieces they're not interested in. I managed to get an appointment with Chris O'Donnell because I gave him free reign on what the tattoo looked like, and both pieces are large. I've seen enough of his work to know that what he'd come up with would be first rate. If you're looking to get a recreation of a pre-existing drawing you don't need to wait a year for someone like Chris. There are many fine, but less famous, artists who will do the piece justice. Among the top NY shops are New York Adorned in Manhattan, Brooklyn Adorned in Williamsburg, Rising Dragon Tattoo in Manhattan, and Kings Avenue Tattoo in Massapequa. Kings Avenue is owned by Mike Rubendall, who is another really major name. But he only makes appointments 1 day a year and books himself for the next year. (March 1 was the day.) If you're looking to get some large piece, you can try to go for him. Or Chris O'Donnell. Or Timothy Hoyer at NY Adorned. All these places have web-sites with portfolios for each artist. See who strikes your fancy. I'd say virtually everyone at all of these places can do amazing work.

I've also had a piece done by CJ at Rising Dragon and can recommend him. He did an arm band that was a recreation of a musical quote. It's literally staff music and drawing straight lines on the human body is a very difficult task. He did it beautifully.

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awsome thats exactly what I was looking for!!! Thanks so much for the help!! Oh here is what I currently have....

Paw prints are for my four cats Two sisters one being the mother of the two boys...
100_09801.JPG

People look at me crazy when I tell them what this one means but here it goes...These are the chassis codes for all of the hondas that ive owned....
Picture1.jpg

So does anyone wanna play name that Honda?

barebucta

Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
Awsome thats exactly what I was looking for!!! Thanks so much for the help!! Oh here is what I currently have....

Paw prints are for my four cats Two sisters one being the mother of the two boys...
100_09801.JPG

People look at me crazy when I tell them what this one means but here it goes...These are the chassis codes for all of the hondas that ive owned....
Picture1.jpg

So does anyone wanna play name that Honda?

Please tell me that rubs off..lol...very creative

MikeyZO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
St. Michael, right upper arm. Pic sucks, doesn't do the tattoo justice. Got it at Murder Ink on Francis Lewis Blvd in Queens from a girl who is no longer there. She went back to Puerto Rico. I think the place has changed hands now and may be called something else.

Attachments

• photo_006.jpg
    photo_006.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 135

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
And here's today's dragon. This thing hurt like a mo-fo! Especially the scales, which were done with a super fine-point needle.

Both this and the tiger will be colored in in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• TATdragon0611.jpg
    TATdragon0611.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 107

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Well, here is the tiger, in technicolor.

The dragon will have to wait a couple of months.

Attachments

• TATtiger0625.jpg
    TATtiger0625.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 66
  • TATtiger0528.jpg
    TATtiger0528.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 57

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Went to Adorned in NY on Tuesday for a consult with Steph Tamez. She rocks!! Only thing that sucks is that she is booked solid till nov 24th. But its well worth the wait!! I'll put up some pics when I have something to show.

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Coming back from the grave!!! Well since I was the last one to post here figured I promised pictures and man do I have alot more ink since last time I posted here.....
This is the work of steph tamez....
DSC00199.jpg

The rest of these are all chuck at iron butterfly here in westchester....
DSC00196.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

My newest by chuck 2 3hr sittings and still more to go....there will be angle wings added......
DSC_0035.jpg

I swear im not an addict or anything hahahaha

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: