NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
salaries dont = cost of living here. i am from the midwest and make the same i made there, but made a decent living here i get by. plus i miss the country accents and mannerism

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have close friends in Jacksonville, they moved from here (NY) to there.
His wife can't wait to move back but he likes it there.
Sunset over the Bronx.

Girlsboatnite09007.jpg

P7170274.jpg

Taken from my boat on the East River

P7170279.jpg

Last edited:

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
i am not going to lie i love ny big time i am a (city dweller) bx baby.. but lately they have been picking our pocket more the cost living here some times is a little insane and i dont live in manhattan .... but if u got the chips come on up there is always things to do in nyc period....

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
NY is an amazing place, apparently as viewed by everyone in the world. Here's a cute story my son told me the other day.

My son lives in S. Korea. He's made quite a few friends over there, both Korean and 'others'. His group of friends includes those from Australia, England, Africa, China, S. Korea (of course) and many more.

The 'group' was out one night recently and they collectively met a group of locals. One of his Korean friends basically took charge of introducing the two groups of people. As they went around introducing everyone, the person taking charge of the intro's gave the name and home of each individual. They would say (names have been changed to protect the innocent :) ) Simon is from England, Syong is from Korea, Rick is from Australia, Francine is from Italy, and Adam is from New York. :lol2: Everyone else was introduced by name and home country except my son. Adam was introduced by name and then by city.

According to my son, the people in the town he's living in (a small country town), Sangju, are in awe with those from the US and even more so with those from NY. Introductions such as the one described above aren't uncommon to Adam anymore. He was taken aback the first time it happened, but that was six months ago. So ReeferGirl, hop a plane and common on up, join the rest of the world.

swimmer

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
That is by far my favorite use of tilt shift photography/videography I have seen yet. i love living in NY. My cousins in Tampa always try to get me to move down there but, as my mom puts it, I'm not ready for "tank-top" weather year round. I love having 5 seasons, even though the winter season can make driving with other on the road maddening.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: