Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Caribbean Groupers can grow to tremendous sizes the problem is that groupers are eaten by humans and they may become ciguatoxic from the lionfish's toxic venom. Just a thought.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
lol the grouper died right after he swallowed it that y the video was clipped :P i kid. groupers eat lion fish babies in there natural location what they want is the local groupers to do the same to combat the problem there having in the gulf and Caribbean

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ciguatera poisoning comes from eating prey fish who have accumulated poisons from algae..I believe Dinoflagellates. I'm not familiar with the lionfish toxin, but I'm pretty sure that its a protein...must be, as I've heard that someone stung by a lionfish should put the wound under the hottest water possible. That is what you would do to denature a protein. So if that's the case, the poison would just be digested and have no effect. If the grouper died afterwards, it was probably from being stung in the throat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: