friedwilly

Experienced Reefer
I stopped by Maximum Reef Aquatics this weekend in Yonkers and it left me with the question is this business really Maximum Reef Aquatics?

My first impression when I arrived, was is this business closed? All Maximum Reef signs had been removed from the front of the business and the 'Open' sign was not lit. After a 40 minute drive I felt I had to at least check it out. After driving around the block and finding the parking lot, the rear entrance looked the same. It wasn't until I saw people moving around inside that I decided to go in.

Once inside I took a look around and to my surprise they have a very large inventory of fish, corals and inverts. Plus the place was packed with people. For those of you who live in Westchester County you know how limited it is to find a quality fish supply business.

Now my question is, is this business legit and is it still Maximum Reef Aquatics? As a consumer, I am bit skeptical about spending my hard earned money at this business.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

kingator

Advanced Reefer
Brand i did see a few of them in there today ...they was at the back side ,and they had a few also so u should be ok for tmrw

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
How is the clowns. Selection looking to go Sunday for a Wyoming white or blizzard.

I was there today as well, I actually ended up bumping into Kingator while there.
They have a few designer clowns priced to go. I was tempted to take home more than I came for but I had control and left without going broke. Will be back there tomorrow though in hopes of picking up an LPS or 2.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Sorry to jack the thread but if you guys that live far ever want something from Max and can't make it out. I would be willing to pick it up for you guys and deliver for a small fee based on where you're located, PM me and we can discuss it more...like for you Tony, I plan on taking a trip up to Fishkill next weekend to pick up my Kessil lights so I would mind meeting you there and bringing you something.

winsbxnyc

Advanced Reefer
they are legit the owner ralph is a personal friend of mine the front looks like that cause he is looking for a bigger location so he is looking for a new place maybe in the bronx something like a ware house with parking

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
well my friend, 99% of my fish came from Maximun Reefs Aquatics the other 1% from POP Corals
and you didn't see any sing because I think they will change the name
and FYI the new place is already being setting up here in the Bronx :) and it's just 10 minutes away from my place (walking)
thumb.gif

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
^^ I'm jealous.

I took the long trip out there today for the first time...took me close to 2 hrs..I didn't get anything...but I was amazed by the selection of fish. I plan to go back next month when I'm ready for new livestock.

Central Aquariums Corp.

Maxreefaquatics.com
We are renovating maximum reef aquatics and we coming with a new name soon..
We coming stronger then ever and prices are always going low or lower. We are not planning putting prices up is not on our plans:)..
We are putting more tanks for corals and fishes..
STAY TUNED.... Thanks!!!!

edd

Advanced Reefer
I stopped by Maximum Reef Aquatics this weekend in Yonkers and it left me with the question is this business really Maximum Reef Aquatics?

My first impression when I arrived, was is this business closed? All Maximum Reef signs had been removed from the front of the business and the 'Open' sign was not lit. After a 40 minute drive I felt I had to at least check it out. After driving around the block and finding the parking lot, the rear entrance looked the same. It wasn't until I saw people moving around inside that I decided to go in.

Once inside I took a look around and to my surprise they have a very large inventory of fish, corals and inverts. Plus the place was packed with people. For those of you who live in Westchester County you know how limited it is to find a quality fish supply business.

Now my question is, is this business legit and is it still Maximum Reef Aquatics? As a consumer, I am bit skeptical about spending my hard earned money at this business.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

legit or not as long as I'm getting a good deal on healthy live stock. but I'm sure their legit.

dubs

renegade reefer
and what wrong with the bronx ????????as i would like to know as a matter fact i like that there moving to tghe bronx now i dont have drive or ride my bike too far

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: