reefiness

Advanced Reefer
I just wanted to write a little review for this place to share my experience. Unfortunately the only time most people on MR share reviews on stores, its when they have a horrible experience which is never good for a business.

I went to visit Pets Aquatic out in New Hyde Park, LI on Friday as I was passing through the area and I was greatly impressed with what I saw.

One of the only problems with this store was that unfortunately they dont have the greatest parking situation. There are parking lots on either side of the building, but as a sign on their door indicates, those lots are not for customers of pets aquatic. There is some street parking right out front, just make sure you bring some quarters.

But when you walk into the store, you can see that they stock some quality live stock. Walking around and checking out each tank, I didn't see the occasional dead fish you will usually find in retail tanks and most of the fish looked like they were in tip top shape with no external signs of disease which is what we all like to see in tanks we may be buying fish from.

The corals selection seemed to be at or above average with an especially large quantity of LPS and softies but slightly more limited offering of SPS. But non the less, the prices were incredible. I did end up picking up a very generous sized piece of blue/purple staghorn around 4" tall for only $18.99.

Also talking with Bobby and Alan was great. You can tell how enthusiastic they were about the hobby, which just made for an even more enjoyable experience.

I did happen to get there quite early (I was the first one to walk into the store when they opened), so I cant speak for the interaction with other customers in the store which I usually also appreciate.

Finally, the dry goods prices were awesome. I ended up walking out with a nice big container of pellets, and 3 boxes of salt for an absolute steal.

So anyone in the area, I would strongly recommend going to check these guys out if you havent done so already. I promise you wont be upset.

Thanks again to the staff at Pets Aquatic for the great experience I had on Friday.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: