aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Hey guys short write up of the store,

I visited pets aquatic when they were at their original location several blocks away. I have to say, great prices, great staff, and quality livestock. One of the first stores I didn't see a dead fish in the tank and that's huge since I stopped by right when they opened.

The fish all looked VERY healthy and they had a large assortment from tangs to wrasses and blennies.

I came looking to buy snails to mow some of the thick hair algae I have and came out buying a really fair priced quality Aussie acan.

After being rung up the owner was very pleasant to talk with and offered me 10% off on my purchase for all MR members!! What a steal awesome I feel like I won leaving the store.

Some photos of current livestock and their sick prices!

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 428
I had a problem with this place. Three weeks, could even have been 4 by now, I bought a Brunneus wrasse. I live in NJ so the drive was about an hour and half. By the time I got home, it was dead in the bag, which in no way should have happened in a 90 minute car ride. I told the owner Alan via email, as soon as I got home. He said he has no problem replacing. Apparently they have not gotten anymore in and he has since stopped responding to my emails.

I had a problem with this place. Three weeks, could even have been 4 by now, I bought a Brunneus wrasse. I live in NJ so the drive was about an hour and half. By the time I got home, it was dead in the bag, which in no way should have happened in a 90 minute car ride. I told the owner Alan via email, as soon as I got home. He said he has no problem replacing. Apparently they have not gotten anymore in and he has since stopped responding to my emails.

these wrasses comes from the Philippines i think, and their collections methods are crap.
i go a brunneus wrasse from another LFS and it died pretty soon after as well. probably was caught with Cyanide is what im guessing. but not really sure.. myself

Remy3247

Experienced Reefer
Had issues with owner also after being a long time customer asked owner to give me a break on a big purchase and was just brushed off with the statement I cant make money and walked off giving me his back , safe to say I would never go back there again

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
dang sorry for the issues you should try to bring it up again and bring in the photo of the dead wrasse maybe they'd work something out.

Their prices are really competitive and on top they offer 10% for MR members, not too bad of a deal.. cant say about your situation specifically but just saying i had a good experience visiting the store. hopefully some of these issues can still be resolved

also in regards to the fish, i'd always ask for them to feed it and watch it swim around for a little while before purchasing.. cant guarantee life 100% but if its eating thats a good start

Last edited:

Pets Aquatic

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Good morning Breakcycle,
I did promise to replace the fish that had died. But I've still not received an Hawaian order. I had also offered you a credit for a replacement of another type of fish. You had said that you would prefer to wait for the wrasse that you wanted. I don't believe that most other stores would immediately offer a replacement fish for one lost in transit by the buyer as I did. As far as not answering your emails. I received one and if there were others I'm sorry but I must have missed seeing them. I believe that we also spoke on the phone. You could have also gotten in touch with me that way. My offer still stands when we get that wrasse you will be given replacement.
Alan

Pets Aquatic

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Remy3247

Hello Remy 3247,
Unfortunately I don't remember the incident your speaking. But on occasion when I'm offered a very low offer on well priced fish. I can't accept offers of that kind. We price our fish at more then reasonable prices I don't know if yours was one of those extremely low offers. And seeing as the circumstance that your referring to is beyond my recall I'm not able to answer you about it directly. All I can say is if you were offended by my actions please accept my apology.
Alan

frvarugh

Advanced Reefer
Alan has been great in my past experience. He offers great selection at awesome prices. He's even given me sale prices when I couldn't make it during that particular sale weekend. Smh people will always find reasons to complain. Oh well, their loss...this place is a solid lfs

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
I have been to Pets Aquatic many times and I his prices are great and best of all they will get what you ask him to get for you specifically, His store is clean floor is clean, Salt prices are better than anyone selling on Long Island, I have bought delicate fishes from them and they are all alive. Picking up Chromis that i ordered from him today...

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
I got a brunneus from pets it was sm female so I was worried but it did fine getting bigger

If it's true that pets offered credit for cost of fish that's pretty good in my opinion what more could u expect I've been in few times haven't seen any more brunneus
Stinks that u came from nj for that specific fish ... But store credit is fair in my opinion a bet most stores would not do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pets Aquatic

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Goldflake For Ravi

Hi Ravi,
I expect my next Hawaian to have the Goldflake Angel you asked me to get for you. When comes in you can look at and if is what you want in size it's yours. If not I'll keep looking for exact size you wish. I spoke to the catcher last night
and this is what he told me. Its will be about $225.00 and it will be about three inches as you had requested. I expect the order about the 11th of this month.
Best regards,
Alan

Pets Aquatic

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Hi Ravi,
I got word from my catcher in Hawaii. He promised me that he would ship my order to me about the 11th of this month. He expects to able to send to the Goldflake Angel that you requested. It should around there inches and should cost you about $225.00. If you like you can take it. If not I'll keep looking for the exact one you want.
Be well,
Alan

Hi Ravi,
I got word from my catcher in Hawaii. He promised me that he would ship my order to me about the 11th of this month. He expects to able to send to the Goldflake Angel that you requested. It should around there inches and should cost you about $225.00. If you like you can take it. If not I'll keep looking for the exact one you want.
Be well,
Alan
Wow, I wish I had access to a local supplier like you. Thanks Alan.

Good morning Breakcycle,
I did promise to replace the fish that had died. But I've still not received an Hawaian order. I had also offered you a credit for a replacement of another type of fish. You had said that you would prefer to wait for the wrasse that you wanted. I don't believe that most other stores would immediately offer a replacement fish for one lost in transit by the buyer as I did. As far as not answering your emails. I received one and if there were others I'm sorry but I must have missed seeing them. I believe that we also spoke on the phone. You could have also gotten in touch with me that way. My offer still stands when we get that wrasse you will be given replacement.
Alan

I'd like to address a few points here. You never offered a credit to me. Any reputable store would offer an immediate replacement for a fish dead and still in the bag nor did I ever speak on the phone with you. Im not trying to give anyone a hard time, but it's been 3 weeks or more and I out $90 bucks with no resolution.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Just picked up my Chromis that I ordered and I must say these are nice size chromis, Fed them with freshly hatched brine shrimps and they are all eating, Their stomachs will be full before they go in display tank so they don;t have to fight for food... Thanks you Pets Aquatics

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: